How Do I Rid of Black Mold in My House?

I am helping my boyfriend clean up his house so we can move in. Please give me some advise, it is full of black mold. What should I do to get rid of it? I don't even want to go in there. Is there any home remedy I can use?

By Ann

Be very careful. My house was full, made my youngest very sick 4 along time. 4 the places I could get 2 I put half water half beach. Spray areas and wait 10 min or long, spray again and wipe off. Hope it works 4 u if it's 2 bad call a some 1 who seals with that or RUN.

Call a professional. Do not mess around with this stuff.

Definitely call a professional and "it is not safe" to use bleach to clean up mold! Call a few of your local real estate agents for a list of professional mold removal companies in your area. The names of the company(s) that are given the most are the ones you should use.

If you can not afford a professional to do the work then at least pay to have them come in and tell you exactly what you have to do yourselves to take care of 'all' of the problems! Mold spreads even if there is no moisture so you can not cut corners, you must get rid of it all!

BREATHING Black mold can kill you. Any resp issue you may have before you start will be deadly if you work in this stuff. You need a hazmat crew. Really. There have been houses bubble wrapped and dismantled because of the black mold.

Mold feeds on what it is on. Sheetrock has to be removed, all carpets, everything cleaned up and sealed with many specialty paints, You will be needing a respirator to be worn when in the house. A mask won't do it.

Do not try to clean this up, call a professional. I know someone who tried it and it damaged his lungs. Its not worth the risk

Home and Garden Cleaning MoldMay 7, 2010
Balack mokd on the wall.
Getting Rid of Black Mold
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch