Snuggie Vs. Slanket

What is better a Snuggie or a Slanket? The Slanket is very expensive but I heard it is better quality. I am thinking about Christmas gifts but want to get gifts that are good for everyone. Thank you.

By Ann

You could make your own if you know how to sew. I dont own either, but they are the same thing from what Ive seen. However, if your gift recipients are overweight, I would go with the Slanket. Snuggies dont look to be too comfortable for larger people.

I guess I haven't seen the Slanket, but the ads that I see for the Snuggie looks like it is awfully long, and would be easy to trip on. I am 5'4" and at my age I worry about tripping, as when I fall I can't get up and have to call paramedics for "lift assist."

I have never tried either one on or seen in person. I always wondered what the quality on the fleece they use is. Fleece can get to looking pretty ratty very quick. It also is a huge source of static electricity and lint and hair cling to it like crazy.

Here are the 2 official websites for you to poke around on:

Here are sewing patterns to buy to make your own: ... m?tab=unisex_men_uniforms&page=1

Or here are google searches for how to make your own with a free pattern...lots of them out there:

I got a snuggie version of one at a General Dollar Store. It was $8. I love it. But you are right, it is very long and hard to walk without tripping over. But it does keep you warm.

I don't know about the slanket but I have heard a lot of bad things about the snuggle. They are to big, back gets cold if you move around, length of arms is too long, they really don't fit everyones size. I thought I wanted one but since I have heard all the negative things about them I would not want one. My blanket will be just fine.

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 14, 2009
Snuggie Box
Snuggie Reviews