Weeds Growing In Cracks In My Driveway - Categories:

AdviceHome Improvement

Weeds Growing In Cracks In My Driveway

I would like to know how to stop weeds from growing in the cracks of the driveway and sidewalk. I am getting really tired of pulling them out one by one.

Helen OBrien from Trenton, ON

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Buy a bottle of roundup and give them a spray. Simple to do and the weeds are gone.

I personally do not use any kind of toxic chemicals. I read this one but have not tried it but it is worth a shot. Use regular table salt in the cracks. I would imagine doing this after you pull them out. Also maybe a solution of boiling water and vinegar. Try both as they are cheap and safe to whatever critters that may be outside that can possibly get into those nasty chemicals on the market. Good luck and please post how it all worked out.

Good luck to you!

Put white vinegar (full strength) into a spray bottle and spray, making sure you get to the crown of the plant, also can pour boiling water over them.

This recipe is from www.recipegoldmine.com

It works really well. Like any other weed killer, make sure it is a sunny day. No rain for at least 8 hours after you spray.

Natural Weed Killer Formula

1 gallon White Vinegar

1 cup Table Salt

1 tablespoon Dish Detergent

Remove about 2 cups of Vinegar from the container, pour in salt and dish liquid, shake well to mix, pour the 2 cups of vinegar back into the container and shake lightly. Fill a spray bottle and use as needed. Spray in full sun. CAUTION: It kills all the plants or weeds it touches, but is harmless to animals

Pour boiling water over them.

If you pour salt into the cracks, it will wash out into the yard with the rain.

Just in case someone suggests doing this!

I have a river rock walk from my driveway to my front porch. It tends to get little weeds growing between the motar from time to time so I have started to take my "grey" water that I have in my sink and pour it out on the walk. This is only when I have used the sink to mop out of. When I do this the water will have vinegar or bleach in it. So I just dip a pan in the sink and take it out front. This has really worked well for me!

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceJune 17, 2006
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
Solutions for Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 12:41:42 AM on 10.0.0.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.