Drying Fruit in a Slow Cooker

Does anyone have directions for drying fruit in the slow cooker? I've misplaced the directions I had. Thanks.

Christine from Halifax, NS

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Do you mean slow cooker? I googled "drying fruit in slow cooker" and came up with nothing. I thought you had to have some moisture in a slow cooker or the food would burn and stick to the bottom. Microwave, perhaps? Dehydrating food is interesting. Please clarify for us.

Yes, I had seen a recipe but could not print it til now and can't find it now. I have dried apples accidentally in the slow cooker. LOL

I tried it. You have to cook it on low with the lid ajar to let moisture escape. It takes about 4 hours and you have to either turn them about every 30 minutes or rig up some type of rack. It's really not very cost effective since you really can't get that many in there. Too bad!

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitDecember 3, 2008
Slow Cooker
Converting Recipes for a Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Potato Recipes
Pressure Cooker with Vegetables
Pressure Cooker Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:30:35 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.