Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

Izzy Bella is a 9 month old Rat Terrier (Fiest). I got her on March 12th 2010 at 8 weeks old. She was a gift for my birthday from a friend, after my Panda (Japanese Chin) passed on after being together almost 15 years.

She catches on to commands very quickly. She loves to run and play with who ever will. She has 2 favorite toys the so far are indestructible. One is a ball that hides treats and the other is a doggy pacifier. Her favorite is riding in the car in her car seat. This is her first Halloween photo.

By Keeper

I also have a Rat Terrier that looks like Izzy. He is such a joy to my husband and I. My Chomper also loves to go for rides in the car. Please let me know where you got the doggie car seat. Thanks in advance for your help.

Izzy Bella is a very cute little girl! I looked at the archives below this story & discovered they are posts you made when you got her & she is such a teeny little thing!

She looks so cute, we love seeing her on web cam, and the girls love her photos, in our emails, thanks for your lovely friendship. keeper xx

Hi, thanks for all your nice comments on Izzy. She's right on my lap as I'm typing. As Ruth in England calls it "cheeky"(needy) LOL.

lyonpridej, Izzy's 7.5 pounds now at almost 10 months.

jennie1942, the car seat was for my previous fur baby Panda (Japanese Chin) who was almost 15 when she passed last Dec.on my birthday. I bought it from a Dr.Foster catalog but I'm sure pet stores carry them. It's a great investment for a pets security in a car.

November 5, 2010 Flag

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

Izzy Bella is a 11 week old (Jan.15,2010) Rat Terrier. I got her from a friend at 8 weeks.

Where do I begin? She still hops like a bunny and jumps like she has a built in pogo stick. She's definitely NOT a lap dog, yet! She knows the difference between her ball and stuffed baby. She's learning to give you her paw and walking on a leash. I gave up on "pee pads" a friend sent because the kitchen looked like it was snowing in March.

At night she sleeps in her bed in the kitchen w/o whining but during nap time she'll sleep w/her butt on my left shoulder and head down. Her favorite pastime is watching pet videos on YouTube. She cocks her head when dogs bark and hasn't figured out she can to.

We want to thank everyone who responded w/names for her. It was fun. Although I still miss Panda Bear deeply, I'm so happy I have Izzy to love for the next 14+ years also.

By Keeper

Answers:

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

Welcome Izzy Bella. I know she will bring you many years of happiness, and love. (04/14/2010)

By Ruth

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

LOL. You are going to have so much fun with Izzy Bella in the future. They sure are good company! Good luck with her.
(04/14/2010)

By Jane R.

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

Oh my goodness, how cute! I will admit, I LOVE Terriers! Jacks and Rats are the best to me! How cute is she?! Give her a big ole hug from me and my three girls! (04/14/2010)

By Trundgirl

April 14, 2010 Flag

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

She is not yet named, so far she answers to "No No!", but I'd like suggestions from ThriftyFun readers on the name. She is 7 weeks old and a Fiest (female). A surprise gift from a friend! I got her on 3-8-2010.

She likes dragging around a flannel receiving blanket. When she runs, she actually hops like a bunny! She's only been with me for short time so we're just getting acquainted.

I lost Panda (Japanese Chin) last December after 14 years so no name (yet) has brought joy and laughter back into my life. I posted her photo to my friends and family asking for names so I'm open to suggestions from the Thrifty Fun readers. Bella(Italian for Beautiful)is at the top of the list.

Thanks to all for the kind words when I lost Panda,

By Keeper from NC

Answers:

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

May I suggest "Thumper" because she hops around like a bunny. Ooh, I like Easter too. Thanks for letting us help! (03/17/2010)

By jannieb

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Aww she's so cute, the girls are loving the emails with photos from you. Thanks. (03/17/2010)

By Ruth

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about Lola? I think this is a fiesty name! This is a name we considered for our last dog but we decided on Dixie (which you are welcome to use). What are no name (yet)'s parents names? That was something we also considered when we picked a name (daddy's name was Harley and mother's name was Reba). Yes, after the motorcycle and singer! One of Dixie's siblings was named Smokey after the UT mascot. We felt like we needed a southern sounding name. Please let us know what you decide and enjoy her a lot. (03/17/2010)

By Dixie's Mom

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about "Keeper Two" (to honor your name and that your new little one is a keeper, too!). (03/18/2010)

By caseye

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about Molly? (03/18/2010)

By Mary Moo

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about Fiesta? just a letter away from Fiest and it is Spanish for party. Looks as though life will be more of a party with her, and according to her temperament. Fiesty may be the one! Go safely, Lesley (03/18/2010)

By popet

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

I think Bella is over used. I know so many people and pets named Bella. What about, " Flannel?" Now that's original! Or "Hops" Or "38 Special" since you got her on 3-8 ! Or you could think of an athlete that wore a 38 and name her after that person. Or look up something interesting that happened or was invented in 1938 and name her after that. Have fun! Be original! And congratulations! (03/18/2010)

By PainterLee

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

What a cutie! How about 'Nona' (pronounced like Mona) as a cute short for 'no name' and that way you can still say no no when she's doing something she shouldn't ;-) (03/18/2010)

By Deeli

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Hi Keeper,
I see so many great doggie names here, but your new little one's name is "Spirit" for many reasons.

Love and Best Wishes to you both, Julia in Boca Raton, FL (03/18/2010)

By PookaRina

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about Pookie? (03/18/2010)

By pigeon toes

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

She looks like a Poppit to me with her head sticking up from the table like that. Bella is too tame a name for her!
She is a cutie! (03/19/2010)

By jgl77771

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Wow. We're overwhelmed with all your responses. On PainterLees' suggestion of"38 Special". Before I retired from the Sheriff's Dept, I carried a Glock19 but carried a .38 off duty. It would be very fitting. I've written down all of your suggestions so far and hope something"pops"shortly. I thank each of you for all your love and support. ThriftyFun Family is always there when needed. (03/19/2010)

By keeper60

RE: Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Although she looks like a "Patches", since she's carrying that flannel blanket around, a female version of "Linus" (I think that's the one with the blanket from the Peanuts cartoon) seems appropriate. She's so cute and reminds me of my childhood dog named, you guessed it, "Patches"! Good luck with her! (03/19/2010)

By bonnierls

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

She looks a bit like a Firefox (red panda), so maybe a name along those lines? (03/20/2010)

By WildIrish

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Meet Izzy Bella. I can't thank you all enough for your suggestions. I wish I could name her several of unique names. she's turned into quite an entertainer. The harder I laugh the more amusing she gets. Outside she has fun running and gathering pine cones or chasing her faux frisbee. A margarine lid. Some of our friends sent "shower gifts". In this latest photo, she's teething on her very own pacifier. (03/27/2010)

By keeper60

RE: Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

I was just wondering late last night what you might have decided to name her and Izzy Bella is an adorable name! Thank you so much for letting us know and thank you too for sharing her antics and current photo! :-) (03/27/2010)

By Deeli

Rat Terrier
Rat Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets DogsNovember 5, 2010
Pack rat collection
Organizing Tips for a Pack Rat
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Yorkshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄