Easy to make eucalyptus wreaths to decorate your home or use as a gift. Make your own for a fraction of what one would cost you to purchase.
Approximate Time: about 1 hour
- 2 - 3 packages eucalyptus branches
- heavy duty scissors and wire cutters
- spool of wreath wire
- metal ring or wooden embroidery hoop
- silk leaves and flowers in fall colors
- thick craft glue or a glue gun
- raffia and/or ribbon (optional)
- Cut the branches into 3 - 6 inch lengths. Varying the length of your pieces will make your wreath look better.
- Gather several of the branch pieces into a bundle, wrap the bundle with wire and attach the bundle to your wire ring or embroidery hoop with additional wire. I used two metal rings from an old lampshade to make the two wreaths pictured.
- Continue to attach bundles to the frame, placing one over the bottom of the other to hide all wires, to complete the wreath.
- Glue on silk leaves and flowers to add fall color. I used odd leaves and flowers that had fallen from full branches, so these were basically "free".
- If you prefer, add a simple raffia or ribbon bow, which you can wire or glue on.
- Use additional wire to make a hanger for your wreath.
- Wreaths can be stored in a plastic bag and used for several years. They also make lovely gifts.
Note: The first wreath was made with dark green branches. The second with red branches, though they look black in the photo.
By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
October 16, 20070 found this helpful
These look great! I'm going to try it for sure!
Thanks for the neat idea.
October 1, 20120 found this helpful
Thanks for sharing. I cannot wait to try this.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 23, 2016 at 2:07:46 PM on 10.0.2.201 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us