Removing Odors from Vinyl Mattress Cover

I am trying to get the odor from vinyl mattress covering. My mom wets the bed, no matter what we have on her. We have tried everything and can not get the odor out. We do not like any perfume odors, we would just like to remove the smell. Please help.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

This is a Heloise Hint for removing cat urine from a carpet but I don't know why it wouldn't work on human urine. You could probably just increase the amounts and wipe it on instead of blotting it. 'Hope this helps.

Blot the area first with a thick towel, rinse it with one teaspoon of mild detergent and eight ounces of water. Then make a solution of one-third vinegar and two-thirds cool water. Blot with paper towels between each step.

We've been using a product called Nature's Miracle for our puppy's mistakes. The label describes it as using it on "everything" to neutralize any odor, but especially effective on urine. We absolutely LOVE this product and use it on everything! You can find at any pet supply. Comes in a spray (white and red) bottle or you can buy it by the 1/2 gallon. All natural and not alot of chemicals. I hope this helps you.

Check online for incontinence supplies and get a machine washable pad that is kind of flannel with rubber. These wash and dry , and catch messes so they don't seep thru to mattress. They are used in some assisted living and care facilities. Probably get 2, so one can be washing while you use the other.

This is a suggestion to keep the urine from getting through to the sheets etc. When I took care of a relative that had that challenge, I would put on the bottom sheet under the butt area the largest rubber-backed bathroom shower rug I had. It was soft to lay on, yet it kept any urine from getting through to the sheet. I had three of them, and washed the used one daily. My relative was so thankful. She was comfortable and greatful I didn't have too much extra laundry from her bed.

wipe the mattress cover down with vinegar. may need to repeat.

Washing the mattress cover and the other bedding with detergent and 2 caps of odorxit concentrate will remove any urine odor including cat, dog and human. just add the odorxit at the beginning of the wash cycle. If you can, stop the washer before the first spin cycle for 15 to 30 minutes and then let it finish. The odor will be gone.

abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Mattress Cover
Repairing A Plastic Mattress Cover
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 7:17:34 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.