Why Would the Yolk of a Freshly Laid Egg Taste Bad?

Why would a freshly laid chicken egg taste so nasty? The white part was fine, but the yoke was absolutely disgusting. It was like nothing I've ever tasted. They are free range chickens. I also feed them scratch grains mixed with chicken feed. I'm wondering if they could be gorging on stinkbugs of something. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

By Juliet from Hagerstown, MD

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

There is a question like yours and an answer at this site. Scroll to about the middle of the page.

http://www.rais  raising-chickens

Thanks, Fortunately. I thought it had to be something like that. I haven't changed their food, but they have free range of the farm so lord knows what they've been snacking on. I guess the only way to find out is to spend the weekend sneaking up on chickens. I think they could be eating the goat's feed or their mineral blocks.

I bought some free range eggs and was going to make a banana cream pie. The custard smelled so bad that I threw it out. I think it just tastes that way.

Farm Fresh Eggs
Tips for Using Farm Fresh Eggs
Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsNovember 17, 2010
Smelling clothing in the washing machine.
Clothes Smell Bad After Washing
egg yolk in shell half
Uses for Egg Yolks
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:35:40 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.