Separating Egg Whites from the Yolk

A small empty and washed out plastic bottle is your tool to easily remove the yolk from an egg.

You could also crack eggs into a frying pan and choose to remove the egg yolks in situ. This is what I do as I only like one egg yolk, but use three eggs for my scrambled eggs!

This is so simple. A tip I have only recently discovered.

Source: I saw a short video on a Chinese web page

By Monique from Somerset, UK., Weston-super-Mare

5 More Solutions

I am going to tell you the absolute best way to separate yolks from whites. You will become a pro at it. You will remember this technique for the rest of your life. You will want to share it with your friends.

Separating egg yolks from the whites with your hands.

My recipe for Angel Food Cake calls for 12 egg whites which takes a dozen or more eggs for me, depending on how many yolks I break. After breaking a yolk on the sharp edge of an egg shell, I found it easier to pour the yolk in my hand and let the remainder of the white slip through my fingers.

An egg yolk in a hand, with the egg white is caught in a bowl underneath.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If you need to remove a little bit of yolk from egg whites all you have to do is dip a damp paper towel into the whites. The yolk should cling to the paper towel. By Robin

Take a recycled soda bottle to separate an egg yolk from the white using suction. It works perfectly without breaking the yolk and making a mess.

Separating an egg yolk, using a plastic bottle.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Sometimes recipes call for egg whites and you are left with the yolk or vise versa. Saving the extra yolks or whites for use in another dish later is easy and a great way to reduce food waste. This is a page about saving leftover egg yolks or whites.

Saving Leftover Egg Yolks or Whites

Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsSeptember 18, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Separating-Egg-Whites.html