Separating Fiestaware That is Stuck Together?

1
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 141 Feedbacks

coffee cup stuck in small bowl or cupI have a Fiestaware coffee cup stuck in a cup. Any advice on how to remove it without breaking it?

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 169 Posts
Best Answer

Sometimes things will expand when hot tap water is applied. If they were mine, and they are in my favorite colors, I would let hot tap water run over the outside of the bowl. You might need rubber gloves to hold it so as to keep the water running over the outside of the bowl. It might expand enough to wiggle the cup<loose. I hope so. They are nice pieces.

Bronze Tip Medal for All Time! 75 Tips
Best Answer

I would try using dish soap as lubricant, hold the bowl upside down and gently swivel the cup around inside it. When you hit the right spot it should slide out. I don't think force helps.

I had this happen with a ramekin that got stuck in a similar bowl. I tried putting ice in the ramekin and running hot water over the bowl, but I'm not sure if there was enough expansion for it to make a difference.

Best Answer

The trick was a combination of hot water and dishsoap. Will post the solution as a tip. Thanks for the feedback!

Best Answer

I tried using soap dish as lubricant and it helped!!

Home and Garden Repair Other DishesJanuary 17, 2017
🌻
🎆
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fiestaware-Stuck-Together.html