Separating Fiestaware That is Stuck Together

Category Dishes
Ice and hot water is usually the best method for separating glass or ceramic dishes. This is a guide about separating Fiestaware that is stuck together.

I have a Fiestaware coffee cup stuck in a cup. Any advice on how to remove it without breaking it?

Answers

Best Answer

Sometimes things will expand when hot tap water is applied. If they were mine, and they are in my favorite colors, I would let hot tap water run over the outside of the bowl. You might need rubber gloves to hold it so as to keep the water running over the outside of the bowl. It might expand enough to wiggle the cup<loose. I hope so. They are nice pieces.

Best Answer

I would try using dish soap as lubricant, hold the bowl upside down and gently swivel the cup around inside it. When you hit the right spot it should slide out. I don't think force helps.

I had this happen with a ramekin that got stuck in a similar bowl. I tried putting ice in the ramekin and running hot water over the bowl, but I'm not sure if there was enough expansion for it to make a difference.

Best Answer

The trick was a combination of hot water and dishsoap. Will post the solution as a tip. Thanks for the feedback!

Best Answer

I tried using soap dish as lubricant and it helped!!