An Easy Way To Separate Eggs

A small empty and washed out plastic bottle is your tool to easily remove the yolk from an egg.

• Break your egg/s onto a plate.
  • Squeeze the plastic bottle gently then hover over the yolk, let your hand relax and the suction will pull up the yolk cleanly.
  • Advertisement

• Deposit the yolk in a receptacle to use in other recipes or freeze for another day.

You could also crack eggs into a frying pan and choose to remove the egg yolks in situ. This is what I do as I only like one egg yolk, but use three eggs for my scrambled eggs!

This is so simple. A tip I have only recently discovered.

Source: I saw a short video on a Chinese web page

By Monique from Somerset, UK., Weston-super-Mare

If you break the egg into a funnel, the yolk will stay in the funnel, while the white slides out of it.

WildIrish, that was what I was thinking when I started reading the post. Using the plastic bottle would work great for a funnel.

Just cut the bottle in half and you have a funnel. Drop the whole egg in and I do believe the white will go through the neck and the yolk will stay inside the funnel.

Great ideas! I wonder if one could remove the white of the egg in a similar way, hovering the squeezed bottle over the white? I use the yolk in puddings and pies but don't always make a meringue. Thanks...

Name of the Chinese website, please. I'd like to view the video.

Editor's Note: Unfortunately the link was no longer working. Here is a video from YouTube that also illustrates the technique.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HcEx3h02epQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great idea. My mom was the premiere egg separator. She somehow knew where to break it so each half would be just the right shape and size. Me, I use an older Tupperware separator or yes, a funnel.

I learned once in Home Ec that you can use half an egg. You drop it into a bowl, whip it with a fork, and pour in half in your cooking project. Oh, the things we come up with.

I saw that on one of the talk shows also but can't remember which one. She demonstrated it and it did work!

tnemusiclady-if you separate the yolk with the bottle, you will have the whites left in the dish, and still have the yolk to use in your puddings and pies.

This is so interesting! I saw someone do this the other day. I will probably start doing this too!

Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsAugust 27, 2012
😷
🎃
🌻
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/An-Easy-Way-To-Separate-Eggs.html