AdviceBudget & Finance

Cleaning Services

How much should I charge to clean a 5000 square foot house 4 days a week?

It depends on what all you would be cleaning. Light cleaning or heavy duty cleaning? I would say for 4 days a week doing light cleaning, no less than $200 a week for a house that size, if not more.

why not call a maid service place and ask them the same question as though you wanted your place cleaned? To see what there fee would be then decide the same or lower based on that. My sister cleans for others and i feel she always works harder than she gets paid for.

Let me tell you, my professional service showed up the first day. Stayed for 20 minutes and charged me $76.00 for a 5 1/2 room job!

TWENTY MIN.

My housekeeper charges $15.00 (cash) per hour and I only have her for two hours every other week. She only does dusting, and floors, mopping, and vac.

I cleaned a 2000 sq foot house Tues and Thur at 40.00 a day. That included vacuum, wipe down kitchen, mop wood floors, dust, change sheets one bed weekly (dry them too). People were very organized and clean. I cleaned one that was probably the size you are referring too and I split it up and cleaned upstairs one week and downstairs the next week but I only went one day week. For one day it was either $60 or $70. No laundry, ironing, just floors and dusting, make beds.

My sister lives in CA and her house is 6600 sq ft and she has to have three people clean it twice a week. I guess you would have to charge what YOU feel is right for you..you know how long it takes and how much of your time it takes up. Call around to some other cleaning places to see what they charge to do something like that. Good luck, you are braver than I am.