Reviews of Skin Exfoliants

What is the best exfoliant for the hands, arms and legs?

By jeanne

Want to save a ton of money and have wonderful skin? Equal parts sugar and virgin olive oil. Yep, you heard me right. I read it or heard it and it's wonderful. The olive oil keeps your skin smooth and the sugar exfoliates the skin. It's cheap and works. What is more important??

I also make my own exfoliate, similar to the one below, but I add honey and lemon juice, and I use either grape seed oil or sweet almond oil, just because I found the olive oil too heavy for me. I found this "recipe" years ago in Cooking Light Magazine. I don't remember the ratio, I'm one of those "a pinch of this and a dash of that" type of cook! I add more sugar to make it grainier for my legs-I also use this on my face,using less sugar. I make up a batch in a medium sized deli container and keep it in the fridge between uses. I've been using this for about 7 years, and have not found anything better on the market! So inexpensive to make-I use the Minute Maid Frozen Lemon Juice that you can find in the frozen juice section of your local supermarket.

I apply lemon juice mixed with sugar and gently scrub with my finger tips in a circular motion, rinse, scrub with finger tips again and then wash with soap.

Honey and sugar works well.

Baking soda works wonders for your face (and body) too, do gently. Also if you have problems with acne, dissolve a fee UNCOATED aspirin in your hand and rub that one your face (even better a few dissolved with a few drops of water, then a little honey, spread that one your face then dry, exfoliate when washing off). For body, sugar works great, honey is for antibacterial, you can also use epsom salts for any area that is free of cuts. Be careful of olive oil, if you live in a colder area, the olive oil will firm up in your pipes. I didn't think it would till I made dressing with it, it gets very thick and even chunky, so that can happen in your pipes.

I tried the mixture of 1/2 sugar and 1/2 olive oil. It works great! Thank you for that cost efficient tip.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyJune 8, 2009
bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
An apricot cut in half.
Peeling Apricots
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
A woman rubbing her skin.
Caring for Aging Skin
🎄
🍂