BettyBoots (Pot Bellied Pig)

BettyBoots is my 11 month old Pot Bellied Pig. I got her when she was 5 weeks old. She loves blankies and has to be covered up when she goes nite nite or she will go steal a blankie and drag it to her bed to cover up. She is spoiled rotten and loved so much

By Pam from Clinton, TN

BettyBoots (Pot Bellied Pig)

She is precious! I've always wondered if I'd like a pot-bellied pig - this picture convinces me that I would. I'm not sure, tho, that my two dogs and one cat would accept another spoled baby in my house! Give BettyBoops a big kiss on the snout for me.

What a sweetie.....I've always wanted a potbelly but hubby said we had enough animals...2 cats and a dog and 2 kids and him of course LOL.....enjoy her she's precious :0)

WE once got out of our parked car to view a large

dark pig lawn ornament which stayed put until we got closer and realized that it moved! That was one BIG PIG!

In Hawaii on return from a waterfall swim at the top of the rainforest, we encountered a wild boar on the path that almost gave me a heart attack. It looked to me to be half the size of a car, IN MY FACE,

and had coarse spiked hair all over it's body, NOT

something I'd care to challenge or make mad. It's tusks were also fearsome! It took the joy out of our muddy return to the car until it decided to step on down the trail, but I can laugh about it now. Thank You, God, for not making too many wild boars! : )

I too have a baby potbelly pig. Chubby was born June 5th and she is such a joyful addition to our home: we have 5 goldfish, 4 children, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and Chubby!!

She pottytrained herself and only goes outside. It is so funny to see the "herd" of hunting dog, 2 bichon frises and little black Chubby running in the back door when I call them to come in! She gets along with all the animals, licking the dogs, racing them around the yard. One of the cats (a Christmas kitten in 2005) sleeps with her in the kitchen, on the floor as there is no room in Chubby's bed!

This is my 4th potbelly pig--and I've always said that the pig is cleaner than my cats and smarter than my kids! She is too smart for her own good and remembers where I put stuff so I had to babyproof the house again!

I worked at a pet store and our mascot was a pot bellied pig, Petunia. On weekends the owner and I did birthday parties with animals. This taught the children about many species and their care and handeling. Petunia came to every party, and was the special treat for the kids. Everyone got a treat to give her, as you know they love to eat. She would prance around a circle of children and get her treats. The kids loved her. Unfortunately there was a fire one night, poor Petunia passed away in the fire. I will always remember her, rubbing her fat belly and putting lotion on her so her skin wouldn't dry. Taking her for walks and chasing her around the store. She would open bags of dog food if we didn't watch her. Her 'pen' mate was a rabbit, he would jump on her back to get out of the pen to eat, his food made her sick, then go back to play with her tail or cuddle against her. They went to pet heaven together. I got to love and care for them for four years. I hope they are looking down and remembering me too. Val

We just got a pot-bellied pig a few weeks ago. She is wonderful. The only problem we're having is getting our dog (Cairn Terrier) to accept her. She has lunged & growled at Gloria several times, like she wanted to kill her. I'm afraid to let them be in the same room together! Any suggestions?

Potbelly Pig
Pot-bellied Pig Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesSeptember 28, 2006
Crochet Pot Scrubber
Making a Crochet Pot Scrubber
bank in shape of girl with pig tails
Creative Piggy Bank Ideas
Girl wearing a pig costume with a pink straw hat.
Making a Pig Costume
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap