LG Bottom Freezer Lights Won't Turn Off

I have an LG Bottom Freezer. The inside lights are staying on and melting. Has anyone had this problem resolved and why hasn't there been a recall. Our lights stayed on all night even though the doors were closed. The heat melted the control panel cover and the light sockets. All the food was ruined and a severe fire hazard in now posed. We bought this less than 2 yrs. ago and spent $1500!

equine777 from Voorhees, NJ

I used to work at Home Depot, LG products are not the greatest, and they are terrible about fixing things through themselves. But If you can get a hold of someone in the appliances department or even a manager and explain that you need help getting this taken care of they may be able to give you a list of authorized repair companies in your area. Now given that I have worked for Home Depot I also know that it may take you a few tries before you find someone that knows enough or cares enough but I truly hope someone there will help, there are people who do care so stick with it. Good Luck~S

Shouldn't there still be a warranty on it? Really, if you don't get any response, I would threaten to go to top management. That always works and they do not want to lose you as a customer.

I also have an LG refrigerator and I have had problems with it. Had a freezer fan replaced the first year which was under warranty, then had to have the chain drive on the roll out shelf replaced which I had to pay for. I bought it from Home Depot, called them and they gave me the name of a repair service. Will not buy another LG Refrigerator, should have gone with another brand.

I don't have an answer for you - but rather, a question - How did you know the lights were staying on? I have an LG bottom freezer and to my knowledge this is not happening - my frige is 2 years old as well.

My French door LG refrigerator is 15 months old and the refrigerator lights stayed on when the doors were closed and melted the light fixture. I contacted LG Customer Service and they are repairing this problem under an extended warranty as its a fairly common problem. They will install a new fixture and a new pcb (circuit board). You need to send them a copy of your purchase receipt and they will give you a case number and set up a service call. Shame this had to happen, but their fix was prompt.

We had the same problem. The dealer -- a small local store -- responded very well, replacing the parts themselves at his own cost since LG refused to help him as the refrigerator was out of warranty (22 months). But he asked us to pay the labor, about $70. I was not happy about this, which caused me to call LG myself (800.243.0000). They immediately admitted to a problem, even before I started into my case, and said they would cover all cost. The dealer and LG are now working it out. I expect to get back my check for the labor.

I intend to register the problem with the Consumer Products Safety Commission (http://www.cpsc.gov/) as a potential fire hazard. I believe the fault is such that LG should consider an active recall, not just wait for complaints.

LG had given us an extended warranty back in Aug. and authorized an appliance shop to repair it free of cost. It just recently happened again. This time they sent one of their own LG tech reps. I was told by him that although the other repairman changed: light sockets, control panel and plastic cover; they had failed to pull the entire refrigerator out and also replace the chip in the mother board. Make sure that this is also done. If it isn't, the lights will operate ok for a while (ours was 5 mos)but the problem will come up again. LG is totally aware of this problem and has been very cooperative.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances FreezerJuly 22, 2008
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🎄