Repairing a Gasket on a Chest Freezer

Category Freezer
If your freezer doesn't seal properly it may be time for a new gasket. This guide is about repairing a gasket on a chest freezer.

I recently purchased a pre-owned chest freezer that is like new and freezes well. However, the owner had propped the lid open to prevent mildew and now the gasket/seal is bent in that place. I tested the seal by closing the lid on a sheet of paper and the gasket holds it tight, except in that spot. Since this is not a frost-free freezer, I'd like to ensure a tight seal. Is there anything I can do to fix this, without having to replace the entire gasket?

By Moogies from Double Oak, TX

Cut a thin strip of a sponge and glue it in the section where the gasket/seal is bent. If the glue doesn't hold, still use a piece of sponge in that area where the seal isn't tight.

Did you try to heat the magnet with a hair dryer? The magnet should drop back in place. Louis