Removing Pressure Cooker Gasket Odor

The gasket on your pressure cooker can absorb the odor from the foods cooked inside. This is a page about removing pressure cooker gasket odor.

To remove odors from a pressure cooker gasket, simply "fold" the gasket to make it smaller, and put it in a pot. Cover with water and sprinkle with about a tablespoon baking soda. (The worse the odor, the more baking soda you will want to use.)

Cover the pot, and heat until almost boiling. (You can boil, but it may spatter baking soda water on you stove.) Let it set to allow the baking soda to absorb the odor. (The water will smell bad as the odor is released from the gasket.) Drain, rinse, repeat as many times as necessary.

I know this works because I removed the awful odor from burned (charred) greens from my gasket. It is still a tan color instead of white, but is fully functional, several years later. (I think I had to do this 10-12 times, it was so bad.)

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJune 16, 2014
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Pressure-Cooker-Gasket-Odor-1.html