Heinz 57 Chicken

I am looking for a recipe called Heinz 57 Chicken. It was printed on the bottle back in the late '70's early '80s. I have been to Heinz website and still no luck.

Patty from Liberty, NC

Heinz 57 Chicken

2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces

1/2 cup Heinz 57 Sauce

1/4 cup honey

melted butter/margerine ( I use butter flavored cooking spray)

Combine sauce and honey.

Coat chicken with butter or cooking spray.

Brush chicken with sauce mixture.

Grill or bake chicken until done, basting frequently with sauce mixture.

Go to cooks.com. They have the recipe there.

Good Luck.

cooks.com has the recipe. Link is below

4 chicken breasts

1 tbsp. butter

1/4 c. Heinz 57 Steak Sauce

3 tbsp. lime juice

Flatten chicken breasts with mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Brown chicken in large skillet in butter; season with salt and pepper. Combine Heinz 57 Sauce and lime juice. Pour over chicken. Cover and simmer 8 minutes. Serve.

None of theses are what you're looking for. The recipe called for a stove-top arrangement with orange marmalade and onions... It was delicious! Sorry, but I can't find it anywhere either.Will post it when I do.

PS What I remember was to brown cut-up whole chicken, then add sliced large onion, garlic clove, 1/4 cup of orange marmalade, 1/4 cup of Heinz 57 Sauce and cover over medium heat for 20 minutes? Stirring twice? Been a long time, but great stuff.

This is the original recipe from the back of the bottle:

2 - 21/2 lbs. broiler-fryer pieces

2 TB butter or margarine

1/2 C Heinz 57 sauce

1/2 C water

Brown chicken in skillet in butter. Combine 57 sauce and water; pour over chicken. Cover; simmer, basting occasionally, 30-40 minutes until chicken is tender. Remove cover last 10 minutes of cooking. Skim excess fat before serving. Spoon sauce over chicken. (4 servings)

This was my dad's signature dish when I was growing up and when I asked him for the recipe after getting married - he laughed and said he got it of the back of the 57 bottle one day.

He told me - buy the boneless/skinless thighs and place in small casserole dish, mix 2 parts heinz, 1 part honey, put on top and then into the oven at 400 for 30 minutes. Sometimes he made the stove top separate and then added it to the edges with 15 minutes remaining. Knowing my dad, he probably modified this quite a bit. But the 2 part/1 part always stuck with me.

The post that Kristine on 3/3/08, is exactly the recipe that was on the back of the Heinz 57 bottle. I have it written down in my recipe book.

Chicken L'Orange

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast

2 Tbsp. butter

2 tsp. cornstarch

1/2 cup orange juice

1/4 cup Heinz 57 Sauce

1/8 - 1/4 cup orange marmalade

Slowly saute chicken in butter, approximately 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. Mix cornstarch and juice, stir in Heinz 57 Sauce and marmalade. Pour into skillet, heat, stirring until thick. Place chicken in sauce; heat. Pineapple can be used instead of orange juice and slices.

None of these are correct I cook it all the time! Take boneless skinless chicken breast saute in frying pan with butter til slightly browned, Place in crock pot and pour 1 large bottle of heinz 57 sauce over it and let cook on low all day. When you get home from work its moist, tender and ready to eat, we use egg noodles or rice to serve with it.

It is so tender it melts in your mouth!

I think I know what you are talking about. I have been looking for that same recipi for years. Is it the one with Heinz 57, canned diced tomatoes, onions, and cooked bacon mixed together and poured over the chicken which has been browned in the bacon fat, then simmered for an hour?

I have the best and easiest recipe. Everyone loves it.

1 bag frozen boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders

1 bottle Heinz 57

2 liter of coke

Put in a large pot and boil for an hour and a half. Easy and Delicious!

Ok, I am obviously older than most of you however, the original Heinz 57 chicken recipe was on the back of the bottle and was very simple in nature from around 1960. It included a whole chicken cut into pieces and browned in butter. Remove the pieces as they browned then add more butter. Then add Heinz 57 sauce diluted with water, I think equal amounts of water and 57 sauce. Add this to the pan to heat then return the chicken. Cover and simmer until tender. I made this multiple times as a 10 year old and at one point had the label saved. Make it every now and then but the cost of the 57 sauce is too high for regular dinners.

One half cup of Heinz, one fourth cup of honey. One half stick of butter and six chicken drumsticks or thighs. Brown chicken in the butter on low heat. Place lid over the top for about fifteen minutes. Remove lid and add Heinz and honey. Cook until liquid is absolved.

Steak With Sauce
Recipes Using Steak Sauce
Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryMarch 10, 2007
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Fried Chicken
Canning Fried Chicken
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume