Recipes Using Steak Sauce

Category Condiments
Different meat's flavor is often enhanced by using A-1, Heinz 57, Lea and Perrins, or other meat condiments. This page contains recipes using steak sauce.

I am looking for a recipe called Heinz 57 Chicken. It was printed on the bottle back in the late '70's early '80s. I have been to Heinz website and still no luck.

Thanks!
Patty from Liberty, NC

Answers

Heinz 57 Chicken

2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
1/2 cup Heinz 57 Sauce
1/4 cup honey
melted butter/margerine ( I use butter flavored cooking spray)

Combine sauce and honey.
Coat chicken with butter or cooking spray.
Brush chicken with sauce mixture.
Grill or bake chicken until done, basting frequently with sauce mixture.

Go to cooks.com. They have the recipe there.
Good Luck.
Sue

cooks.com has the recipe. Link is below
http://www.cook  2-241198,00.html

HEINZ 57 CHICKEN

4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp. butter
Salt
Pepper
1/4 c. Heinz 57 Steak Sauce

3 tbsp. lime juice

Flatten chicken breasts with mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Brown chicken in large skillet in butter; season with salt and pepper. Combine Heinz 57 Sauce and lime juice. Pour over chicken. Cover and simmer 8 minutes. Serve.

None of theses are what you're looking for. The recipe called for a stove-top arrangement with orange marmalade and onions... It was delicious! Sorry, but I can't find it anywhere either.Will post it when I do.

PS What I remember was to brown cut-up whole chicken, then add sliced large onion, garlic clove, 1/4 cup of orange marmalade, 1/4 cup of Heinz 57 Sauce and cover over medium heat for 20 minutes? Stirring twice? Been a long time, but great stuff.

This is the original recipe from the back of the bottle:

2 - 21/2 lbs. broiler-fryer pieces
2 TB butter or margarine
1/2 C Heinz 57 sauce
1/2 C water

Brown chicken in skillet in butter. Combine 57 sauce and water; pour over chicken. Cover; simmer, basting occasionally, 30-40 minutes until chicken is tender. Remove cover last 10 minutes of cooking. Skim excess fat before serving. Spoon sauce over chicken. (4 servings)

This was my dad's signature dish when I was growing up and when I asked him for the recipe after getting married - he laughed and said he got it of the back of the 57 bottle one day.

He told me - buy the boneless/skinless thighs and place in small casserole dish, mix 2 parts heinz, 1 part honey, put on top and then into the oven at 400 for 30 minutes. Sometimes he made the stove top separate and then added it to the edges with 15 minutes remaining. Knowing my dad, he probably modified this quite a bit. But the 2 part/1 part always stuck with me.

About 9 or 10 years ago there was a recipe on the A-1 bottle for A-1 and honey and it was so good on wings! I didn't write the quantities down as I thought it was so simple I would be able to remember but I can't. I can't seem to get the ratio of A-1 and honey right and emailed the company and got no response. Hope someone remembers this or knows what I am talking about. Thanks.

Pamela from MO

Answers

Could this be it?

Ingredients
* 1 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1 (16 ounce) package cocktail franks

Directions
1. Mix Heinz 57 Sauce and honey together in crockpot, add cocktail weenies.
2. Heat on medium to medium high heat for 2 hours, or until hot.

3. Serve and enjoy!

Recently we were given several bottles of Lea and Perrins Steak Sauce They were missing their labels so the grocery store sold them as part of a 'grab' box. Since we don't eat enough steak to use up SIX bottles of steak sauce any time soon, I'm wondering if there are some recipes where I can use the steak sauce? Maybe with chicken or pork or a roast? Any ideas?

imama2many from UT

Answers

Try their website: http://www.leap  ecipes/index.php

Try putting some in a zip-lock bag with a little vegetable oil (I use olive oil for everything) and use it a marinade for beef - especially fou leaner cuts like flank steak. I love it mixed with mayonaise as a dip for fries when I'm indulging on such stuff. Try thinking of it as a spicy ketchup and using it for sloppy joes and stuff like that.

I use steak sauce to flavor soups.

Add some to the meat when making hamburgers or meatloaf. It'll give both a wonderful flavor.