Removing Embroidery Transfers From Fabric

I have ironed on an ink transfer to a white pillowcase to hand embroider. I ironed it on upside down and want to wash it out and re-iron it on the correct way. I have washed it several times and it hasn't even lightened up even a little bit. I have never dried the item.

I'm making Christmas pillowcases for my granddaughters and I can't start this one over as I did the sewing on the other items and left the wrong one alone. Please help. I'm going to try some stain remover this time.
Thanks to anyone that has a suggestion for me.

By Wackypat1 from Escondido, CA

Not sure if it works but check out:

Good luck!

Easy Instructions Things You'll Need:

Color-safe embroidery thread

Mild laundry detergent

Color-safe bleach

Dishwasher detergent

Cotton swabs

Step 1 Test your cleaning materials on samples of your thread. If the samples bleed onto the material around them, your thread cannot withstand the cleaning regimen.

Step 2 Check the directions on the embroidery ink, if possible. Generally, these inks are designed for easy removal with a mild laundry detergent in room temperature water. Hand wash to keep the embroidery in tact.

Step 3 If you have been unable to remove the ink using conventional methods, wash your work in hot water with color-safe bleach and dish detergent. Use a gallon of hot water, 1/4 cup of bleach and 1 cup of dish detergent. Let the fabric soak in the mixture for 30 minutes, then rinse the fabric out thoroughly with cool water to remove all the bleach and detergent.

Step 4 Spot treat embroidery ink with hairspray or another acetone product. Use a cotton swab to gently rub the visible areas of ink with the hairspray or acetone product, then use a small dab of water to remove it.good luck.

I tried this and the dishwasher detergent and bleach worked! I had ironed on an embroidery transfer and decided that I didn't want it.

The material was a white dishtowel. Thanks!

Try washing them in rit dye remover, but it may be cheaper to just buy another set of pillow cases--Walmart has plain white ones for $5

December 2, 2009 Flag

How do you remove iron on transfers (the kind for embroidery) from fabric? They are not clear enough to see the design. They have been washed several times, but that did not remove the blue color.

Cinnamon from Williams Lake

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricDecember 2, 2009
Embroidery Machine
Troubleshooting an Embroidery Machine
closeup of sewing machine needle
Free Motion Embroidery Ideas
clothes iron
Crafts Using Iron On Transfers
Punch Needle Embroidery
Punch Needle Embroidery Tips and Tricks