Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Using Pancake Mix Instead of Bisquick

I was wondering if you can sub regular pancake mix for Bisquick? I just finished the box, but I have a huge box of the pancake mix, which my boyfriend and I don't eat a whole lot of. Thanks for any info.

Krystal from Newton, Ia

By

By Sherry C.01/18/2013

I just used buttermilk complete pancake mix for cheeseburger pie, and it was just like Bisquick! I did add 1 tsp. baking powder for extra rise, and it turned out perfect.

By Krys Gold12/02/2008

Ok...I was so curious after reading the posts that I used a complete pancake mix to make biscuits. I used half the water asked for to make a sticky dough. Dropped big spoonfuls on to parchment paper on a baking sheet and 10 minutes (at 400 degrees) later--biscuits. Tasted fine with butter. A keeper.

By Cool Cook (Guest Post)12/02/2008

Biscuit time! Ok, I was curious so I used a complete pancake mix (1c.) with half the water that the directions stated. I mixed it up and dropped them by big spoonfuls (5 of them) on to a baking sheet (with parchment paper on it). Baked them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. They were bland but better with butter on them. Definitely a fast way to make biscuits!

By AuntyC (Guest Post)11/20/2008

I'm not sure about bisquick, but I've used pancake mix to "bread" chicken, etc. It gives a great, crunchy texture to the meat. Simply roll the moistened meat in seasoned pancake mix, and fry. Yummy.

By debbie hartley [3]11/20/2008

I don't think you can substitute pancake mix for bisquick to make bisquits but you can use the pancake mix to batter onion rings.

By Krystal [4]11/15/2008

Thank you so much, I really didn't want it to go to waste.

By Cyinda [214]11/15/2008

I've done this before with great results, they are practically the same thing... but it depends of the exact brand of pancake mix. You may need to add a tiny bit extra of baking powder to make a fluffy biscuit. You can also use it to make a self-rising pizza dough.