Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Using Pancake Mix Instead of Bisquick

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I was wondering if you can sub regular pancake mix for Bisquick? I just finished the box, but I have a huge box of the pancake mix, which my boyfriend and I don't eat a whole lot of. Thanks for any info.

Krystal from Newton, Ia

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Cyinda 214 1,287 11/15/2008 Flag

I've done this before with great results, they are practically the same thing... but it depends of the exact brand of pancake mix. You may need to add a tiny bit extra of baking powder to make a fluffy biscuit. You can also use it to make a self-rising pizza dough.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Krystal 4 15 11/15/2008 Flag

Thank you so much, I really didn't want it to go to waste.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By debbie hartley 4 3 11/20/2008 Flag

I don't think you can substitute pancake mix for bisquick to make bisquits but you can use the pancake mix to batter onion rings.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By AuntyC (Guest Post) 11/20/2008 Flag

I'm not sure about bisquick, but I've used pancake mix to "bread" chicken, etc. It gives a great, crunchy texture to the meat. Simply roll the moistened meat in seasoned pancake mix, and fry. Yummy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cool Cook (Guest Post) 12/02/2008 Flag

Biscuit time! Ok, I was curious so I used a complete pancake mix (1c.) with half the water that the directions stated. I mixed it up and dropped them by big spoonfuls (5 of them) on to a baking sheet (with parchment paper on it). Baked them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. They were bland but better with butter on them. Definitely a fast way to make biscuits!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Krys Gold 8 12/02/2008 Flag

Ok...I was so curious after reading the posts that I used a complete pancake mix to make biscuits. I used half the water asked for to make a sticky dough. Dropped big spoonfuls on to parchment paper on a baking sheet and 10 minutes (at 400 degrees) later--biscuits. Tasted fine with butter. A keeper.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sherry C. 1 01/18/2013 Flag

I just used buttermilk complete pancake mix for cheeseburger pie, and it was just like Bisquick! I did add 1 tsp. baking powder for extra rise, and it turned out perfect.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes