Using Pancake Mix Instead of Bisquick

I was wondering if you can sub regular pancake mix for Bisquick? I just finished the box, but I have a huge box of the pancake mix, which my boyfriend and I don't eat a whole lot of. Thanks for any info.

Krystal from Newton, Ia

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've done this before with great results, they are practically the same thing... but it depends of the exact brand of pancake mix. You may need to add a tiny bit extra of baking powder to make a fluffy biscuit. You can also use it to make a self-rising pizza dough.

Thank you so much, I really didn't want it to go to waste.

I don't think you can substitute pancake mix for bisquick to make bisquits but you can use the pancake mix to batter onion rings.

I'm not sure about bisquick, but I've used pancake mix to "bread" chicken, etc. It gives a great, crunchy texture to the meat. Simply roll the moistened meat in seasoned pancake mix, and fry. Yummy.

Biscuit time! Ok, I was curious so I used a complete pancake mix (1c.) with half the water that the directions stated. I mixed it up and dropped them by big spoonfuls (5 of them) on to a baking sheet (with parchment paper on it). Baked them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. They were bland but better with butter on them. Definitely a fast way to make biscuits!

Ok...I was so curious after reading the posts that I used a complete pancake mix to make biscuits. I used half the water asked for to make a sticky dough. Dropped big spoonfuls on to parchment paper on a baking sheet and 10 minutes (at 400 degrees) later--biscuits. Tasted fine with butter. A keeper.

I just used buttermilk complete pancake mix for cheeseburger pie, and it was just like Bisquick! I did add 1 tsp. baking powder for extra rise, and it turned out perfect.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsNovember 15, 2008
Oatmeal Pancakes
Oatmeal Pancake Mix Recipes
Bisquick Mix Recipe
Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes
Bisquick
Buying Bisquick
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 3:59:51 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 809 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.