Use Neosporin To Treat a Sty

I had a really bad sty on the under portion of my eye. I did an internet search that said you needed to go to a doctor. for antibiotics. I found that by using my Neosporin (it has antibiotics in it) it healed up the sty in 3-5 days. I found relief from hot washcloths but this is the only thing that actually cured it.

By Karen from Fort Wayne, IN

Teabags are another very good home remedy that I have used. You just make tea and then use the warm bag as a compress on your eye. Nice thing is that if any tea gets in your eye, it won't sting and teabags can be found just at just about any fast food stop. Be sure to use the "plain" tea and not the flavored ones. I'm told it's the tanins in the tea that do the trick. See here: http://www.doctor-clinic.org/eye-disorders/stye.html

You were lucky not to get another inury from the neosporin. It is not meant for opthalmic use. Not such a great idea!

Who ever posted the first comment was stupid because the neosporin doesn't go in your eye! duh!

Close up of a woman's eyes.
Home Remedies for a Stye
Health & Beauty Home RemediesNovember 21, 2007
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Easter Cupcakes
Easter Treat Recipes
Neosporin
Using Neosporin on Dogs
🎉
🎄