Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Puzzles as Wall Decorations

Strapped for cash, but wanting to hang pictures on your walls? Buy attractive puzzles at your local dollar store or thrift store. Put together & decoupage them. Attach a wall hanger or place in a picture frame. Also, look for pretty pictures in magazines & books, frame them as well.

By Terri

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Carrie [2]10/01/2005

If you like to travel, map books from garage sales or any large picture or art books from books sales are a good source of things to hang.

If you like modern design, using print fabric stretched on stretcher bars and stapled in back is a snazzy choice.

Then again, paint your art yourself. Use the left over paint from the colors in your house. Do your own "modern art." Don't forget to sign it.

By Renee Griswell [1]09/22/2005

I've done this before. I was lucky enough to find a poster frame at Wal-Mart that fit. It took a little work to get the sides of the frame over the edges of the puzzle, but it worked and it was only $6.97.

Renee in TN

By Roseanna09/22/2005

I've bought fabric to match the color of my walls and repainted frames the same color as my trim and framed the fabric. Even used wooden embroidery hoops, painted them again to match the trim and framed fabric also.

LI Roe

By Tedebear (Guest Post)09/22/2005

I have framed some very beautiful Christmas cards, too!

By Pat [1]09/21/2005

You can also save calendars with pretty pictures and fame them also. I have kept several calendars and change the pictures in the frames through out the year.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.