Browsing: Crafts Using Jigsaw Puzzles

Puzzles as Wall Decorations

Strapped for cash, but wanting to hang pictures on your walls? Buy attractive puzzles at your local dollar store or thrift store. Put together & decoupage them. Attach a wall hanger or place in a picture frame. Also, look for pretty pictures in magazines & books, frame them as well.

By Terri

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

You can also save calendars with pretty pictures and fame them also. I have kept several calendars and change the pictures in the frames through out the year.

I have framed some very beautiful Christmas cards, too!

I've bought fabric to match the color of my walls and repainted frames the same color as my trim and framed the fabric. Even used wooden embroidery hoops, painted them again to match the trim and framed fabric also.

LI Roe

I've done this before. I was lucky enough to find a poster frame at Wal-Mart that fit. It took a little work to get the sides of the frame over the edges of the puzzle, but it worked and it was only $6.97.

Renee in TN

If you like to travel, map books from garage sales or any large picture or art books from books sales are a good source of things to hang.

If you like modern design, using print fabric stretched on stretcher bars and stapled in back is a snazzy choice.

Then again, paint your art yourself. Use the left over paint from the colors in your house. Do your own "modern art." Don't forget to sign it.

Jigsaw puzzle piece picture frame
Crafts Using Jigsaw Puzzles
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating ArtSeptember 21, 2005
paper plate painted different colors and cut into puzzle
Paper Plate Puzzles
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 25, 2016 at 9:04:48 PM on 10.0.2.46 in 751 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.