Homemade Wrinkle Reducer

Does anyone know how or what ingredients are in those wrinkle reducer sprays that they sell in the stores? They are so expensive and I cannot imagine that the ingredients are all that expensive. I was thinking that it is fabric softener and water, but I wouldn't know the measurements.

By Sally R.

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By pam munro 523 790 02/19/2012

From info I took from thriftyfun - I have made a wrinkle spray with 1/2 fabric softener to 1/2 water - the proportions are the same in any spray bottle (it should be sprayed & then you smooth out the wrinkles in the cloth with you hand. It may get damp - but at least in Southern California, which is dry, it dries very quickly - usually before I leave the house! I have even converted my husband to it, & he is very skeptical.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kat 7 216 02/20/2012

I have used a spray bottle full of water, with about a teaspoon of cider vinegar and either a couple tablespoons of ultra fabric softener or a few drops of essential oils added. It's the water that does most of the work, the oil from the softener or essential oils changes its surface tension somehow. Oh, and shake well before use.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No