Keeping Dog Away From Stitches

When Millie, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, was spayed, she hated wearing the collar she got from the vet. To keep her from licking the stitches, I bought a pack of baby vests. I pinned them up when she went out to the toilet and fastened the press studs after she had been. I was able to leave her unsupervised especially during the night, knowing she wouldn't be licking the stitches.

The wound was kept clean and healed quickly, and Millie was quite happy and comfortable in her little vest

By lanky liz from Scotland

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Good tip!

Here is a photo of the invalid after her operation.

Great idea, or at least for my nerves and, also, for Big Al that is getting fixed in a couple of weeks.

Great idea! When my sweetie pup had stitches, (more than once) I put a modified T-shirt on her.

Comment

dog wearing a cone
Keeping a Dog From Biting Stitches
Pets HealthMarch 11, 2010
Trained Dog Not Running Away
Training a Dog to Not Run Away
A wasp's nest in the corner of a roof.
Keeping Wasps Away From Your Home
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Sad looking puppy on carpet
Removing Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 4:02:52 PM on 10.0.2.37 in 493 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.