HealthPets

Can Puppy Get Parvo after Shots?

Can a puppy get Parvo if they have had their shot?

By 233shadow from MI

Yes, and I am curious as to when the vac. was given, if the dog had a full course, and when the last one was but the short answer is yes, they can still get parvo. Even if everything is done right, there are failures in vaccinations. It's not common but it happens.

Yes. It happened to one of my dogs. Just because you are responsible does not mean life doesn't happen. Getting vaccinations is just an insurance policy that reduces the odds. I hope your pet does well.

Usually a good idea to wait 2 weeks after the second set of shots before going to the park or out and about.

AS a holistic veterinarian of 30 years (and 5 as a conventional vet first) I have seen some dogs get parvo after they were vaccinated. If an animal is not healthy when vaccinated, or too young to make a good immunity, or is exposed to a different strain, or is exposed to a very large amount of the virus they may get ill.

That is why I recommend working with a holistic vet and reading a lot of books and magazines (animal wellness, dogs naturally, whole dog journal) on theholsitic approaches.

What I have seen is severe illnesses over time caused by the vaccines when dogs are sensitive to them. You do not get 10 vaccines every year until you die - neither should your dog.