My Pets

contest winner icon

My pets are Cieran (Kirin) - 8 years; Owen - 1 year; Ruarai (Rory) - 11 years; Wee Ian - 8 months; Rozlyn and Chloe Claws - 4 years; and Willie - 7 years.

All are Manx and Pembroke Welsh Corgi rescues from all over California. All the cats were rescued as very young kittens. Willie (the dog) was 3.5 years old. All of my fur kids were spayed and neutered as soon as they were old enough.

They all play chase through the house at top galloping speed. Owen, Wee Ian, Roz, and Chloe love to chase the laser pointer. Chloe and Ian like to go for walks with Willie while he is on a harness. They also must be wherever I am in the house and "help".

Chloe Claws previous owners abandoned her at my vets, because they did not want to deal with a very correctable medical problem. Cieran was wandering on a very busy street in a very bad part of Oakland. Owen, Wee Ian, and Roz were in a high kill shelter in the California Central Valley, just hours away from their demise. Old man Ruarai (Rory) was found in the very rural hills of Southern California.

Willie was a private adoption; but I found he has so many fears and behaviors consistent with physical abuse, that I also consider him a rescue.

By Manxkity

Thought I was the only one who would still take in so many pets. I have 9 rescued cats and 9 dogs rescued and these are the ones that couldn't be placed in homes. They are happy and healthy and have lost 3 I rescued in the last 18 years. All are spayed and neutered too. Thanks for posting.

All life is precious and you are taking very god care of them and being a responsible pet owner. There are many pet owners who do not care properly for their family member.

What a beautiful fur family you have! Bless you for taking in these wonderful fur babies and giving them a good and loving home.

You have a GOOD looking bunch of children there. Bless you for all the lives saved!

I love it! (and them!)

What a site! Lovely picture and so nice to see someone love their animals like this. I cannot have cats or dogs in my house as my family worries that I will trip over one of them so I really miss all that love. My cats lived to be 17, 18 and 19 years old (all sisters) but they are all buried in a special place in my yard and I miss them every day. Pictures make me sad and happy so thanks for sharing your lovely family.

You are Blessed with quite a menagerie and more Blessings to you for rescuing them all! :-)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful family of fur-children. Surrounded by love, you are to be envied and we are happy for you, and for every one of them.

Pookarina

It just does my heart good to visit this site and read about all the wonderful folks like you who rescue animals and give them a great home. Especially after I read stories in the news about people who mistreat and torture animals, your news gives me hope again. Bless you!

Oh, what a picture, I thought you came in my house and took a pix of my Ned. lol I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Tucker and 3 cats. All of them have been rescued. We just love our fur-babies. Thank you for being such a kind and loving person.

Thank you all for your kind words! I do feel truly blessed with all the pats, purrs and licks I get from my guys.

Since this photo was taken 3 weeks ago, the "Apartment Complex Cat", BooBoo decided that he wants to be an indoor/outdoor cat. He showed up 6 years ago, and steadfastly refused to be an indoor cat. We've been communally feeding, vaccinating and flea controlling him.

Last week he had a foot injury that required him to be house bound over the weekend. Now he is coming in in the mornings and evenings for food and staying to sleep on the bed with everyone else.

Hugs to you all and your fur-babies.

Photos Pets CatsApril 13, 2011
Traveling With Pets, Dog with Lei and suitcase
Traveling With Pets
Cat in Garden
A List of Yard and Garden Hazards for Pets
Restless Dog
Tips for Restless Pets
Dog at Vet
Spaying or Neutering Your Pets
🎉
🎄