Product Review: 39 Dollar Glasses

If you need new prescription glasses and have a current eye exam, check out I've been using them for several years to purchase great glasses for less than the co-pay on my vision insurance.

There are dozens of frame styles with single vision lenses that are really $39.00. Other styles and additional items (tinting, bifocals, transitions lens) cost additional. My last pair was in their clearance section for $29 and they had sent me a $10 off coupon. So for around $22 (including shipping) I had a new pair of single vision glasses.

My daughter and son-in-law purchased two pairs of Transitions lenses glasses in the same style that cost over $200 per pair at Walmart. They spent around $220 for two pair!

By AnnieM from KS

Just a couple questions. What if you don't like the style or size after you buy the glasses? also. What if you need adjustments after buying them? Where would you go?

I've not used 39dollar but i have used I think you're out of luck on returning anything there if you don't like the style or size. On they tell you the dimensions of the glasses, so if you have apair that you like, you could measure them and find a pair that is similar. If you need an adjustment, you could always go to the dr's office that did your eye exam and they may charge you to adjust them or they may not.

Great suggestion! I had never heard of them but now I have them marked as a favorite! Thanks.

February 1, 20100 found this helpful The best online source for prescription glasses in the U.S. an Europe. Prices start at $ 7.99 and the customer service is terrific. I just recived 2 pair of single vision glasses for less the $35.00! The best pair of bi-focals I have ever had came from here. A try on before you buy program like a cgi and you can see the messuremants of the frames, and other people wearing the frames also.

I don't know about 39 dollar glasses but we use Zenni Optical & have for years. We LOVE them. This last time, I spent a total of 32 dollars on two pairs of glasses, one regular prescription & one prescription sun glasses. The last time I paid $12.00 for a pair. I love 'em! We've never been disappointed at Zenni Optical. I hear there are other websites springing up...I'll check them out one day maybe.

A good website to find the best price on anything is to go to

I just bought two pair of these same $39 glasses. I already had a prescription there, so I didn't have to pay for the eye exam. It seemed like a good deal to me, because I am always breaking or losing my glasses, so why spend a lot of money on them? The styles were nice, and they fit pretty well. This way i will have an extra pair the next time I smash a pair with my trunk lid.

The only problem is the bridge of my nose is sensitive and the glasses have to fit just right. I usually try on many pairs before I settle on one that looks nice and doesn't make my nose hurt. I like to buy from a big discount optical center that offers coupons.

Black Glasses
39 Dollar Glasses Reviews
Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingJanuary 29, 2010
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A man holding a dollar.
Shopping at Dollar Stores
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed