Retire the Sugar Bowl to Cut Sugar Usage

To reduce sugar consumption in your family, simply do not leave a sugar bowl on the table or counter. Keep the sugar in it's canister. I am amazed how my family will go without sugar in their coffee, on their cereal, etc. because they don't want to bother getting the sugar canister out.

I save a lot of money yearly by not having to buy as much sugar. You can also cut the sugar in 1/2 in many recipes and no one can tell the difference. Less sugar is much better for your health, too!

By Traceyvarela from Thomasville, GA

I will hide my sugar bowl, as I am lazy too. My solution is to keep the sugar bags given with coffee in cafes. I do not like sugar in my hot drinks, but for breakfast porridge or bitter fruit I use the paper sachet which control the quantity.

I've been using more sugar with the full bowl because it is easy. My other trick is to have wrapped sugar cubes, again I am too lazy to unwrap and so use less or none.

I can not conceive of eating or making a cake that had sugar measured in cups. I would eliminate desserts like that.

Reducing Sugar Consumption
Reducing Sugar Consumption
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingMay 11, 2009
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Sugar Free Eggnog
Sugar Free Eggnog Recipes
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar