Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Purple Rainbow Tea

Church sponsored rainbow tea parties feature food and decorations in the colors of the rainbow. This is a guide about purple rainbow tea ideas.

Here are questions related to Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas.

Question: Food Ideas for Purple Rainbow Tea

We are having a rainbow tea at our church. I need some ideas on food; our color is purple.

By PJ

Question: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

I am the captain of a rainbow tea for church we are having in August. My color is purple. I would like some ideas on food and decorations. Thanks in advance.

By pprimer from Lumberton, NC

Most Recent Answer

By Coreen Hart [73]06/30/2009

A really yummy, easy tea I found in a make-your-own gifts book is to mix 2 1/2 cups instant tea mix and 1 envelope of Kool-Aid, flavor of your choice. Then add hot water to make 2 gallons. We put it in the coffee maker to keep it hot (just take the innards out). We had cherry flavor, and it really got rave reviews. We also served cucumber-shrimp sandwiches, petit fours, lemon curd tartlets, etc. You could ice the petit fours with lavender, and add white icing flowers on top. The tables were decorated in candles of all kinds and sizes (purchased at the thrift store), flowers (we splurged and bought fresh arrangements made in teacups), mirror squares (an old, broken mirror cut into squares and tiny photos in frames of church members at our Hallelujah Night celebration. It went over very well.

Solutions: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

My church is having a rainbow tea and I have been selected to be the captain of the color purple. This is my first rainbow tea. I need help with purple foods and decorations. Christy from North Carolina

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

Dye the foods you like. (07/12/2006)

By the Oracle

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

Well purple of course is royalty hence Jesus is our King. Purple is the best color ever. purple cabbage cole slaw. Purple eggs dyed in beet juice. (07/12/2006)

By Sandy

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

A Rainbow tea is a fundraiser done by churches or anyone. Our church is trying to raise money for a family life center in the back of the church. A rainbow tea consists of the different colors in the bible. Find the meaning of your color. The captains of each color have a "tea" with other member, friends, family for a celebration. Each color must decorate their table with items of your color. All food, containers, paper products and beverages must be the color of your team. Team members must wear that color as well. You decorate your table as you please but it must represent your color. Each team member and guest must give a donation of their choice. At our church, the table with the most money or guest will be recognized with a certificate. (07/18/2006)

By Anna

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

I AM ALSO DOING PURPLE. I LIKE THE PURPLE CABBAGE COLESLAW ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS FOR A PURPLE TABLE. (08/19/2006)

By ALICE

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

You could put a tray of grapes on the table and you could serve grape punch/kool-aid. (07/14/2007)

By zaneta

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

Let see... grape jelly, grape jello, plums, eggplant, raisens, purple potatos (maybe make potato salad), heinz makes purple ketchup, wine, lavender cupcakes with purple tinted icing, you could make a salad with the dark purple greens and purple onion and a dark balsamic dressing, purple cotton candy. (07/14/2007)

By Corrie Rowe

Archive: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

I am having a rainbow tea party at my church. This is my first time, I would like ideas on a purple table food and decorations.

Thanks,
Pam from Lumberton, NC

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

Grape soda for drinks! Well it kinda isn't fair, someone who gets green would have it easy, but seems like fun (10/29/2007)

By Kimmy34

Archive: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

Any ideas for a menu of purple foods for a rainbow tea?

By starlac from Columbia, SC

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

At our last ladies tea, "Legacy, Lavender, Lace" I made lemonade and then used a purple paste food coloring, found in craft sections under Wilton baking items, and Huckleberry syrup, used to flavor coffee. I added a little blue food coloring to make it lavender. The more blue, the more purple you'd probably have. Just a thought.

For decorations along with purple Irises, I bought a large amount of pickling or cheap salt and colored some with a purple paste food coloring. I poured salt into small globe shape vases and placed a purple votive candle in salt. White votives could be used also. When storing the colored salt, make sure it has had a chance to dry before sealing it in a baggie. (05/11/2009)

By happily retired

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

• Eggplant Parmesan
  • Blackberry cobbler
(05/11/2009)

By perfume and powder

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

I use to put purple food coloring, Wiltons, in deviled eggs for the kids, was more fun to eat they said, plus got them to try them. Pickled eggs and beets is something else purple, kinda. Cucumber sandwiches made with cream cheese. You can add food color to that. A white cake made purple with the rainbow decorated frosting. Have fun. (05/11/2009)

By msburny

RE: Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas

What about using purple, edible, Pansies? (05/11/2009)

By mom of towers