Flat Roof Leak Repair Advice

I have a flat garage roof I sealed with rolled roofing, it still leaks more than it should. I have tried to find the leak, it has a drain hole on top which was fixed by a contractor, it looks like it is sealed. Where should I look to find the small leak that could become a major water damage? I keep putting roof patch where I see an opening. What can I do at a minimum expense?

By Sandra from Salem, OR

How long ago did the contractor fix the drain hole? If you don't think that the repair was done right call him back for a second time so that the leak can be corrected. All contractors are supposed to guarantee their work.

2 different contractors fixed from different companies. I do not think that is where the leak is but I am not sure.

My husband is a roofing sales man. Don't call a contractor call a liscence and bonded roofing company, they usually give free estimates. They will locate the leak, you can chose to use them or fix it yourself. But let a professional tell you whether it canbe fixed by repair, or has to be reroofed. If fixed I would use mopdown, you can purchase it at a roofing supply company.

Home and Garden Repair HomeApril 3, 2011
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
Man nailing up new shingles on a roof.
Saving Money on a New Roof