Cleaning Tree Sap from Clothing

Tree sap can easily get on your clothing but isn't so easy to remove. With these tips you will learn what it takes to get sap off your clothes. This is a guide about cleaning tree sap from clothing.

Tree sap coming out of a cut tree.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have a spot of holly sap on a 100 percent Merino wool jumper. I have tried removing it with soap, but it hasn't budged.

By Louise M.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try De-Solv-It. I have removed sap from a lot of my grandson's clothes with this.

What will remove pine sap from clothing?

By Sabina L

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

(Submitted via email)

Use hand sanitizer and rub.

Sonny B

Read More Answers...

How do you get pine sap off a coat?

By Donna

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Vegetable oil might work, as it does with hair.

When it comes to removing sap from clothing, I have had very good luck with Pine-Sol or Lestoil. It is worth a try.

By nema from Canton, MA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove pine sap stains from clothes?

By Tom from Little Falls, NY

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

Rubbing alcohol! Just test an inconspicuous spot on the clothing first to make sure it's colorsafe. (12/15/2010)

By mrpurrfect

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove tree sap from clothing? They are exercise clothes made of stretch fabric, probably polyester.

By Cindy from Westchester, NY

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

Try WD 40. It works on all sorts of things, and may work for this. (06/02/2010)

By louel53

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

My husband recently used his good paddling shirt to saw trees up. It was literally ruined by all the tree sap. I came in search of something that would remove the sap from his shirt. I figured the shirt was pretty much ruined anyways so decided to try 3 of the recommended products. I started with WD40, it "slightly" removed some of the stain. Next I tried the hand sanitizer and was more impressed with its removal. Then I tried the nail polish remover and it was "handsdown" the best product (all three products were tested on different areas of the shirt) I then applied the nail polish remover to the other two areas and it instantly removed the residual left over from the WD, and hand sanitizer. I'm so happy and impressed that this product worked the way it did, I'll be trying it on other products also! (06/27/2010)

By smarty58

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

Goo Gone works awesomely on tree sap, tar, gum, you name it. (08/16/2010)

By amillen

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How can I remove tree sap from a black knit sweater?

By Janet from Celina, OH

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

Try some lighter fluid on a soft cloth. I had my pup get some sap on his fur last year and rubbed some baby oil on it and it came right off. Good luck! (03/25/2010)

By tahloolabelle

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove pine tree pitch from clothing?

By Teddyaj from Silt, CO

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

I have used the hand sanitizer (soaked on sap stain) so I am guessing that alcohol would work also. (08/13/2009)

By helford

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

You can get stuff at the auto store for removing tar, bugs, and sap from car without damaging the paint.
I'd try that. I can't seem to find the name of the stuff though, but you can get it at Auto Zone and I think Walmart. I've used it on other things too and it was great. (08/17/2009)

By Shosha

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

I found the suggestion, I read some weeks ago on this site, of using rubbing alcohol a great solution. The resin just dissolves. I bought a bottle from eBay as I live in the UK and wasn't sure where I could buy it. (08/17/2009)

By Anigma

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove sap from clothing?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What is the best way to remove pine pitch from a jacket?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing. How do I remove sap from my pants?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My son recently had a play encounter with a Pine tree full of sap and his sweater is full of it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 13, 2011
Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Tree Sap From Laminate Flooring
Sap Dripping From a Tree
Sap Dripping From a Tree
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 3, 2016 at 1:02:32 AM on 10.0.0.199 in 443 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.