Mimi (Chihuahua - Terrier)

Mimi is an 11 year old chihuahua - terrier mix. We got her from a lady selling puppies, Mimi was 8 weeks old when we got her. Her favorite thing is to go to the park and run around then go walking through the neighborhood.

Mimi is very smart, sings if you ask her and knows around 100 or more words and commands. She's very attentive and loves little children. She has recently become a diabetic, but with her rx shots and special diet she is doing really well. If your dog is diabetic, please know with just some extra care they can have a long life.

By Gayle from Queen Creek, AZ.

Mimi (Chihuahua - Terrier)

What a sweet precious face! She looks so sweet and happy. Could you tell us what symptoms to look for

in dogs that are diabetic?

What a little cutie. She looks like she's very happy and has a wonderful life!

In answer to the diabetes question,your dog will act sick, depressed, loss or increase of appetite, increase of drinking water......increase of peeing or urination.These last 2 things are the signs of diabetes or another health problem.also, they will get U.T.I. infections....just like us humans.Your dog will not want to be active or play.Mimi was so sad and so sick till I found out by urine & blood tests that she was diabetic.The shots are easy and almost painless.I give Mimi a treat before the shot and then after the shot.I also tell her to focus on the treat, she does it.I have no problem now controling her diabetes. She gets lean cooked chicken & hamburger and canned tuna as treats now.Remember, it's the sugar in foods that makes them ill.I also bought online diabetic dog bisquits.Please take your dog or cat to the vet if they are ill, this is serious but, can be treated.Best Wishes!!

Mimi is beautiful! How gorgeous, pure black! We've got a all brown (expect for two toes) Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix. I am extremely sorry that she has diabetes. I didn't know dogs could get that? :( I hope she stays well! That is absolutely amazing how she knows 100 commands/words, fantastic! Our dog only knows a few tricks. Sigh!

Rat Terrier/Chihuahua Mix
Rat Terrier/Chihuahua Mix Photos
Photos Pets DogsAugust 9, 2006
Chihuahua Mix Photos
Chihuahua Clothing Patterns
Chihuahua Breed Information and Photos