Choosing Foundation and Moisturizer for Mature Skin

I'm almost 54 and I was wanting to know what type of foundation and moisturizer is good for aging women like me? I just don't know what to buy as there is so many on the market these days. I would like a little advice.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate all I can get.
Thanks again.

By Teresa from VA

I work at the estee lauder counter at a dept. store and give advice to women like you all day long. If you live near a store that has a make-up counter go in and talk to them they will look at your skin ask a few questions and work with you to match a foundation to match your skin and give you a free 10 day supply. if you don't live near a dept. store go on estee lauder . com and take the quiz that should help.

Being an Avon Representative, I sell a range of moisturisers for skin of all types. See if you can cotact an Avon lady for your area. You can go to www.Avon.com.au. to find out more. Your Avon lady can give you a sample to try, the creams are resonably priced. They have different creams for different age groups.

I use "Jane" tinted moisturizer. It minimizes the appearance of fine lines and gives you a light coverage without that heavy feeling of foundation. I'm sure there are other companies that have tinted moisturizer also.

I am 44 and I just love Maybelline's Mousse foundation. It's thick and creamy and a little goes a long way - I don't even have to use concealer.

As for moisuturisers, I use Rosehip Oil and Evening Primrose Oil mixed in together at night and in the mornings I use a small squirt of either oil mixed in with my Perfect Potion Calendula Hand Cream as a facial moisturiser.

I'm not sure if Perfect Potion is available anywhere other than Australia, but you could try their website and see if they ship overseas.

Failing that, the oils with your favourite regular moisturiser. Before I discovered Perfect Potion, I used Olay products and they were fantastic. Coconut oil is also pretty awesome as a moisturiser and makeup remover.

I am 53 and use Pond's Cold Cream to remove makeup at night. After I tissue it off, I splash my face with some lukewarm water. That is all at night. In the morning, I wash my face with Pear's soap, which you can buy at Dollar Tree. I then us the moisturizer that my retired pharmacist dad recommended years ago- unscented Lubriderm lotion. It is about $7-8 a bottle and lasts forever.

For my cleansing routine I use a good anti aging cleanser and toner from Gatinau for dry and dehydrated skin and I use it every night and day and use a decleor moisuriser called hydra floral not cheap but the jar will last you months. As for my foundation I invest in a good concealer that matches the colour of my skin and use that in the places it needs then I use a mineral powder foundation called bare essentials again matching my skin tone, and you use very little and less means more as you just buff it into the skin and its lovely, also you could have a look on the internet at video showing as we age we need a little light and shade and its amazing where you can put light and dark to make your skin look glowing also lastly dont forget your finishing powder that sets your make up brilliantly. Hope this helps. joanne1012

I am 55 and am really loving this new foundation by Maybelline, NEW Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Treatment Makeup: http://www.maybelline.com/Product/F ... e-rewind-eraser-treatment-makeup.htm

I am 67 (although my skin looks 10 years younger) and I love Cover Girl age defying cream foundation. Also like Bare Minerals foundation powder.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Mature Skin TipsMay 8, 2010
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Woman putting moisturizer on her hands.
Removing Moisturizer Stains from Clothing
Woman Applying Foundation Makeup
Finding Good Inexpensive Foundation Makeup
Cans of different colored paint.
Painting a Concrete Foundation
🎄