Painting a Concrete Foundation?

Cans of different colored paint.I want to paint the concrete around the bottom of my house (exterior). Do I need to clean it and do I need to primer it?

By Nancy from PA

Answers

The concrete foundation should be clean and use latex paint. Does'nt need to be primed but I don't think the paint will hodl up to the outside elements very well. I would plant shrubbery arount the foundation.

Oh ya, foxrun is wright it will peel off and then you have more up keep on your home. But if you really have to paint, I used spray paint on my basement floor, holding up pretty good. Just don't put it on very thick, put on thin layers.

I don't honestly know. I am sure you need to clean it well, you do on anything you paint. Primer, I doubt it.

But you need concrete paint at any rate, so contact your local paint store and ask them.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts

I've painted the concrete bottom of two homes with great success and those were both in Michigan with super cold, snowy, icy winters and super hot and humid summers which can be killer weather on paint projects. I had great success!

First power wash well, wait for it to dry out completely, wait for a week where your forecast is going to be warm and dry and then paint during that week with a good quality outdoor concrete paint.

No paint, including painting assorted siding materials, will hold up forever but if you do it right you'll have a few years before needing retouching or repainting. Oh, and I did not prime other than power washing.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingOctober 27, 2013
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Painting-a-Concrete-Foundation.html