Buying Neutral Colors

When buying furniture for a specific room, buy neutral colors. If you ever want to use the same furniture in another room, you'll not have to paint or re-upholster it. It'll go nicely as it is.

By Terri from NV

Thanks Terri, this is a great money-saving tip. I've also discovered that neutral bedlinen can be jazzed up cheaply with patterned cushions and throws and you can change lampshades or wall hangings to change the mood and colour quite quickly also. I was going to paint a feature wall in our spare bedroom which we'd recently painted in cream but then I thought I'd just buy a large canvas and staple some fabric on it for a quick feature behind the bed which would be much easier to change than having to repaint the whole wall if I got bored of it! And on the plus side, neutrals really don't go out of fashion. They can be calming but if you find them getting boring just jazz up with bright pictures, flowers, and cushions etc.

Woman Shopping for Furniture
Furniture Buying Tips
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture BuyingFebruary 24, 2006
black leather couch on a white background
Pros and Cons of Leather Furniture
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Buying an eBook Reader, Someone using an eBook reader.
Buying an eBook Reader
🎄