Furniture Buying Tips

Category Home & Garden
Buying furniture is an important decision and can be a significant expense. This is a guide about furniture buying tips.

When shopping for a new couch or chair, especially for us short, vertically challenged people, bring a good book. Make yourself comfortable and sit and read for 15 to 30 minutes. I have done this for the last 2 couches I have bought. No more uncomfortable furniture, regretfully bought and un-returnable!

When buying furniture for a specific room, buy neutral colors. If you ever want to use the same furniture in another room, you'll not have to paint or re-upholster it. It'll go nicely as it is.

By Terri from NV

This is a guide about the pros and cons of leather furniture. Each type of furniture upholstery has its positive and negative features.

black leather couch on a white background

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I'm interested in purchasing a leather sofa set, since I know they can be a better option for people with pets (easier to clean). I found some discount leather sofas from http://beliani.com/leather-sofas/ that look great and are definitely affordable. I'm just wondering if it's a generally a good idea to go "discount" with leather. Is this one of those things where you really are better served to spend more money?

By Hollie M.

Answers

I am not a fan of this type of leather furniture. only the parts you touch are actually leather. The remainder is vinyl. It never looks quite the same. They state they use top grain leather. Full grain leather is the best. Top grain is a split hide, but using the top portion, which is the strongest portion. Anything less than these two grades will not hold up to wear. If I couldn't see it in person I would be cautious.