GT Xpress 101 Reviews

I want to buy the GT Xpress 101 and wondered if anyone has bought one of these and how you liked it.

By micksgirl from Paducah, KY

We love ours. There are so many things that can be cooked in them. Great when you don't want to do a lot of heaving cooking or just a quick desert.

I loved them (had 2) but had to stop using as the teflon didn't last long before it started coming off! - not good.

[wish they would make them with iron]

Kinda worried now, about half love it the other half say teflon comes off. Just not sure I want to invest in something that won't last me a good long while.

My Mom ordered it, they charged her some absurd amount for shipping. The item was flimsy and not worth the money. I called the company and guess what... to order it you are calling within our country, to return you are calling the Phillipines. Customer service is just about non existent I fought with these people on the phone for 12 days and finally received back almost all of the money. Keep in mind I had to get the bank involved and threaten them with an attorney. They are unethical and for that reason alone I would not purchase from them. Good luck if you do buy.

Okay that's it you all have made up my mind I am not buying it. I so much appreciate the feedback, good and bad. I would have been so mad if I had bought it and it messed up. I guess I will stick with my little sandwich maker, which I have had for years and never had a single problem with.

The omelets taste like microwave omelets- dry and spongey on the edges. Most of the recipes are heavy on the carbs. The meat recipes can be done better on a tabletop grill that drains off the fat. Also, if you want to do a fast little cake for one such as they demonstrate in their TV ad- the microwave is quicker.

I can't bring myself to eat a cake made in the microwave, meat either. I wont even eat those little cakes made for the micro, I think Betty Crocker or something, my mom loves them, I wont touch 'em.

June 12, 2009 Flag

Has anyone tried the Xpress 101 grill? If you did, did you like it? It looks pretty cool on TV, but you know how that can go. Thank you.

Karen from Charleston, SC

Answers:

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

We bought ours at Target after reading some reviews on other sites. I used it to "bake" cinnamon rolls (frozen and tubed), omelets, and stuffed biscuits. It works great, and fits next to the toaster which helps, because we have little counter top space. We haven't fixed actual meals with it as there was no need to. (04/26/2009)

By ScottishYankee

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

I agree. Walgreens omelet maker is $9.99 and better made. The coating on the GT Express tends to come off. I do not think the omelets are as good as those made the usual method. They taste kind of like microwave omelets: a bit dry and spongy around the edges, but moist in the center. Still pretty tasty, but not great. I also think most of the GT Express recipes can be done better on different equipment, especially meat recipes since the pockets don't drain off fat like the George Foreman Grill.

I was intrigued by the stuffed soup and tried it, exactly as shown on TV. It was mediocre. Stuffing just tastes better if you saute chopped veggies and add chicken broth. So to sum up, this appliance works, I just don't think it is necessary. If you want to make a fast little cake for one you can use the microwave. If you are cooking meat, the Foreman grill. A fry pan is also better, in my opinion. (06/07/2009)

By SusannL

March 19, 2009 Flag

Has anyone used an Xpress 101 - the one from the infomercial? I like the idea but wondering if it works the way it says it will and any general advice on it.

Thank you,
Mindy from Oregon

Answers:

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

I have purchased and used one, and found it to be great for omelets, corn dogs, & individual cakes. My husband also mixed stuffing mix with soup & it was delicious. Just be sure to season it with oil or shortening before using.

(12/01/2006)

By b_bragg

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

I purchased it. I love it for cooking chicken breasts, and it did pretty well with the canned cinnamon rolls. The only problem I have with it is food sticks to it. No matter what I sprayed or rubbed before cooking, food didn't come off easily. (12/01/2006)

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

I found that it cooked the "gamy" taste right out of venison. If you have time, a five minute soak in apple cider vinegar works wonders in cooking.
(01/27/2007)

By Gunnar

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

I always hated cooking breakfast and would usually just eat a bowl of cereal. I now have protein-packed omelets for breakfast every day. (02/14/2008)

By GT Xpress Cooker

More recipes for GT Xpress 101

Check out this recipe site for the GT Xpress 101: http://maryannsgtxpressrecipes.blogspot.com/

I have a GT Xpress also, but the original one. Love it. I do not really find that food sticks to it. I spray cooking spray when I cook eggs to ensure they will pop right out. I keep mine on the counter and use it almost every day.
(04/06/2008)

By Chef Mc Yogurt

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

The coating peels off the inside of the GT Xpress 101 after about 18 uses, contaminating your food, and making the product useless thereafter. This is one drawback in addition to the ridiculous shipping expense, otherwise good for short-time use. (09/13/2008)

By UD

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

It is great, but buy it at a store if you're worried about shipping.
(12/13/2008)

By Jordan

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

We didn't buy the GT express 101 but we did purchase an omelet maker from Walgreen's. It works just as well because the GT express is a "clone" of the omelet maker. You can find a lot of recipes online if you google gt express 101 recipes and we love it. We have made omelets, pizza, burritos, and cakes. It works great and it cost half as much as the regular price (we got it for ten dollars). We also didn't have to worry about shipping or giving out our credit card number over the phone. It works great. Hope this helps.
(12/22/2008)

By becky

GT Xpress 101 Reviews

I bought ours at Walgreen's and didn't have to deal with the high pressure sales from their 800 number. I use the GT Xpress101 all the time. I just got done making a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes and onions for lunch. I have not had the problem of the Teflon coating peeling off. I also do not have a problem with food sticking, and it really does clean up quickly. I frequently experiment with different kinds of foods and recipes. Everything comes out perfectly. (02/28/2009)

By Mike

Consumer Advice Product Reviews KitchenJune 12, 2009
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Cruella De Vil Costume
Xpress Redi Set Go
GT Xpress 101 and Xpress Redi Set Go Cooker Recipes
🎄