Reviews of CatGenie Cat Box

Does anyone have a CatGenie? It is a self-flushing, self-washing cat box from PetNovations. Approx. retail value: $329. I just entered a sweepstakes to win one and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this product.

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

The above site has some reviews on this product. I would not pay that much for a litter box, no matter how good it works. Hope this helps. Racer

Hi, Do Not waste your money unless you have more of it than you want. We bought one just to try it as we have 7 indoor cats. The cats all used it one after the other just for the action, I'm sure. They were fascinated with it, but the waste accumulated faster than the CatGenie could handle, and it never ever handled it properly or completely.

We ended up buying 5 of the multi-pan litter boxes which are much cleaner and more efficient. You just lift one pan, shake, and the waste is all sifted out to be disposed of very easily. Then you slide the cleaned pan under the bottom and you're all ready to go again. The multi-pan type is one-fifth the cost and a hundred times better in every way. We returned the CatGenie for a full refund at PetCo. They were very nice about it.

Good Luck with whatever you choose to use. We are most definitely cat-people. Julia in Coconut Creek, FL

Yes, I love the cat genie. Here's my review of it:

Consumer Advice Product Reviews PetsJanuary 27, 2009
A cat smelling a litter box
Cleaning and Maintaining a Cat Litter Box
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat in Litter Box
Preventing Litter Box Odors