Getting Rid of Onion Grass Inexpensively

Any suggestions on getting rid of onion grass? I am on a limited income and maybe there are some home remedies that I could use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Alice from PA

I read on Yahoo that it's in the chive family and if not chemically treated it is tasty and can be eaten. I know this may sound crazy, but do you know anyone with a goat, because here in Seattle, there are people who rent out goats to clear brush, blackberries and grass (especially along our downtown freeways) & if the goats pull up the roots, this grass has a harder time coming back. There would surely be someone who would love free pasture for their goat for a month or so!

Here is what people who use chemicals say about removing onion-grass:

It it were me, I hate chemicals & would use vinegar in a garden sprayer or just plain boiling water. The nice thing about using Vinegar to control weeds if you have little money is, you can buy it with food stamps. But I would just as soon, keep the onion grass growing & eat it in my salads, scrambled eggs, stews & soup! (If it as never been sprayed with chemicals!)

beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Home and Garden Gardening Weeds Grassy WeedsApril 14, 2010
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
Clump of sod with dirt in the background.
Getting Rid of Lawn