Using Disposable Baking Pans

I have never used disposable loaf baking pans. Could someone please advise me if there is anything I have to consider when using them? Do I use the same oven temp and is the amount of baking time the same? The disposable pans seems so thin compared to regular baking pans. Thank you.

Mike from NE PA

The baking temperature stays the same. What may change is the baking time. I usually try checking for doneness about 10 minutes before the minimum time in the recipe. If it says 30 mins, start checking at 20 mins. Things tend to be done more quickly in my experience.

Also, be careful to support the pans on both ends because they are more flexible than regular loaf pans. I usually take my regular loaf pans out of the oven by one end, and dumped a loaf of banana bread on my floor because the disposable pan bent. Now I put the pan in sideways if there is only one, and I put more than one on a cookie sheet to lift them out.

If you are using them for something heavy -like a turkey then I recommend you use 2 pans, for greater stability. And do be sure to pick it up at both ends, so the pan(s) will not twist and cause a spill.

Place them on a cookie sheet, I had an accident my disposal pie pan folded in half and spilled my pumpkin pie in the oven a bit of a mess.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsDecember 3, 2008
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
disposable razor
Uses for Disposable Razors
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎄
🍂