Recipes Using Pancake Mix

By Earlene Yeary 1 1

Does anyone have any unusual recipes using pancake mix? Thanks.

By Jey40 from TX

Showing: Answers Sort

thr436488 Flag

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Follow your best pumpkin pie filling recipe, and stir in 1/2 cup pancake mix. Place in a sprayed 9" pie pan and bake as per your pie instructions. It kinda makes a crust.

Potato Pancakes

5 pounds potatoes, peeled

1 onion

3 eggs, beaten

2 1/2 cups dry pancake mix

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoon vegetable oil

Grate the potatoes and onion in a food processor. Add eggs, pancake mix, salt and pepper.

Over med. heat, heat oil in a large skillet. Drop the mixture into the skillet by heaping tablespoonfuls, as you would when making pancakes. Brown on each side.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Robyn Fed 394 1,240 Flag

I dip pieces of bread in pancake mix (triangle shaped pieces) and deep fry them in a skillet to make doughnuts. I drain them on a dish with a paper towel over a piece of newspaper and then I shake them in a bag with sugar and cinnamon or just sugar or sweetener and they are such good donuts! Robyn

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda Brady 17 Flag

I use it to make gravy and use it to make fruit cobbler.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Grandma J 54 1,040 Flag

I use apple juice, grape juice, orange juice as the liquid it calls for and make delicious pancakes.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kolleen 2 27 Flag

Deep fried candy bars and cookies.This may be more fun then thrift, but it does save money when you think about the fact that these kind of treats are VERY expensive at fairs and carnivals.

I use basic pancake mix (mixed according to directions) for the batter on yes, deep fried snickers. 1st use the small fun size. flour them, dip them in the pancake batter then into hot frying oil ( not sure of the temp but I use my elctric fondue pot set between 350 and 375)

If you find that the candy cooks faster then the batter freeze the candy before hand. Milky way or realy almost any small candy bar can be used. Try to stay with the nought filled type and to many nuts seem to conduct heat and burn. Now, the truly thrifty part is the cookies! start with store brand sandwich cookies vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, dip these in the standard pancake batter (again mixed according to directions) shake them off just a little, place in hot oil, enough to float, turn less then a minute per side, just until batter is light golden. drain on paper or toss in powdered sugar.

We do this about once a year generally when the state fair is in town, but it is a nice treat and the smaller the candy or cookies are the faster they cook and the less you eat. Well isn't that the idea behind the smaller low calorie snack packs anyway. I know not low in anything it's deep fried sugar but it is wonderful and only a rare treat.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By alison 3 42 Flag

My husband cooks, and uses Bisquick (pancake mix) to bread our Chicken breast. It makes it taste even better. You may want to try that for your fried chicken next time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By LEONA LABINE 46 398 Flag

I use pancake mix for making chicken balls and also onion rings.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda B. from MS 4 Flag

Make a clafouti...sort of a top-crust only fruit cobbler, but you mix a batter to pour on top of the fruit before baking. I don't have any recipes for it, but it seems to me you could use pancake batter for it. Search "clafouti recipes" on the net.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceApril 22, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Blueberry Pancakes
Homemade Pancake Recipes
Heart shaped pancakes.
Valentine's Day Pancake Recipes
Stack of Pancakes in Syrup
Homemade Pancake Mix Recipes
Oatmeal Pancakes
Oatmeal Pancake Mix Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 9:26:53 PM on 10.0.0.235 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings