Treating Dog With Lung Congestion

My toy poodle has white phlegm from her lungs that complicates her breathing. Antibiotics from vet did not help. How can I help her clear it out?

By parrishbg from NC

I am sorry to say but that's one you need to talk to your vet about because they are familiar with her and the reason she needed to be placed on antibiotics :-(

Please get your puppy to the vet. Sounds like chf to me. tina

Did the vet culture the phlegm to see if it was the right antibiotic? Do you know what caused it to begin with; overweight, age, allergen? You will need to deal with that issue too.

Take it off all commercial pet food...feed only fresh raw chicken or deboned fish. I know people say don't feed chicken to dogs, but it is the cooked bones that splinter and cause trouble. Lots of luck

I don't know small dogs, but could a human humid/moisture control machine help. I sometimes use one when I have a wheezing problem. Fill with water, set for warm, place it fairly close to my pillow and try to breathe deeply. Hard to tell a dog to breathe deeply, I know. I use organic eucalyptus oil and only use it for a half-hour at a time. If you are interested, check with your vet first. Your pet's health is so important and you can't rely on us, as much as we hope we know. Good luck to you and your baby.

I would consider trying oregano oil capsules. Please do some research as far as dosage on such a small animal--and possibly Miracle Mineral supplement or colliodal silver in her water.

Check out Great info that has been tremendously helpful to our family.

PS. I have used the oregano oil to cure some really wicked upper respiratory problems in people, so it's worth checking into. Do not use on a pregnant critter, two-legged or 4-legged. lol

Pets HealthJuly 27, 2009
Woman using nasal spray.
Using Nasal Spray
Homemade Decongestant Recipes
Homemade Decongestant Recipes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight