Choosing the Right Kitchen Countertops

I would like advice on getting new cabinet tops. What material is good and what is not?

By catbuttons from KS

Marble

Because of it's extremely high price tag, marble is not often seen on the countertops of whole kitchens. To get the luxurious look, use it on an island or inset at a baking center. Marble requires constant maintenance, as it easily stains. Some new sealers retard staining.

Pros: waterproof; heatproof; beautiful.

Cons: expensive; porous; stains easily unless professionally sealed; can scratch; may need resealing periodically as per manufacturer.

I would not get tiles,too hard to keep clean in between tiles,I don't like the wood ,too hard to keep clean.

good luck.

Hi, we added on to our home last year. I was convinced that I could not afford Granite counter tops untill I found the murano collection. They are pre cut slabs of granite that you can have cut to your specs. You have to purchase a special sink to go with the slabs because of how it sets into the counter. If you don't like their stainless sinks a "country style enamel" drop in sink will work too. I love my countertops and it was all worth it. It lasts forever, doesn't stain, and you can roll pastry right on it. I am having my spare pieces made into pastry boards for my family.

Kitchen Countertops
Choosing the Right Kitchen Countertops
Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 23, 2010
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Nice Countertops
Protecting Your Countertops
Tile Countertops
Installing Tile Countertops
Granite Countertop
Choosing Granite Countertops
🎄
🍂