Charlotte's Sloppy Joes

Ingredients

• 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 2 Tbsp. mustard
  • 1/2 - 1 Tbsp. sugar (I use generic splenda)
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt or garlic powder (more or less to taste)

Directions

Cook and drain ground beef (I use regular ground beef, drain and rinse very well, this will make it as lean as the 93% lean beef), stir in ketchup, sugar (or splenda), mustard, and garlic salt/powder. Simmer on low for 10 - 15 minutes.

This can be made ahead and froze. It can also be kept warm on low in a crockpot.

Source: This is my mother in law Charlotte's recipe. I NEVER buy store bought sauce anymore. This is easy and tasty!

By Betsy from Hernando, MS

Surely the 1/2 - 1 cup sugar is a typo. I hope.

Editor's Note: That is the way it was sent in but it must be in error. I changed it to 1/2 - 1 Tbsp.

I am not sure what you thought was a error, the ketchup maybe? I don't think so. Sloppy Joes are very tomato based! I think this sounds yummy and much better than the canned stuff! The only thing I might add would be some onion with the hamburger.

Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches AdviceJune 26, 2008
Sloppy Joe Pocket Recipes
Sloppy Joe Pocket Recipes
Onion Burger
Onion Burger Recipes
Souper Burger Recipes
Souper Burger Recipes
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
🎄
🍂