Painting Glass Vases

I need glass vase painting tips and templates.

Tami from Yakima, Wa

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

First, use glass paint from craft store. Michael's always has 40% coupons & I evenutally got the colors I needed. This works on glass that needs to be washed. It cleans up like acrylics, doen't ruin your brushes.

It's been a few years since I made stencils, but I think I got the "transparent" soft plastic sticky backed sheeting from Michael's. It's made by Kittrich and I think it's called "Magic Cover". If you have a photo of what you want to paint, you put this plastic over it & draw your design to be cut out with a craft knife. I made 3 sizes of lady bugs that were from small stickers & I went to Office Depot & had them enlarged from 1/2 inch to 4 inches. Put the plastic over, drew, cut & then stuck this sticky backed stencil to glass pots, did same with hearts on wine glasses. Best stuff for a curved surface.

Hope this wasn't too confusing. Good luck. EK

Thank you for the feedback. I have a problem with the paint running and peeling off when I remove the sticky stencil. Any ideas on this one?

If you have pictures from magazines or from the internet that are not very complicated, you can tape them to the inside of the vase instead of using stencils or templates. You can even draw the outline of flowers and vines on paper and tape that to the inside of the vase, use a fine paint brush to paint the outline then fill in and shade as desired.

I am wanting to paint glass ornaments and need to know where to start? What kind of paint is best to use? Do I need to put some type of finish to seal the paint? I will take any suggestions or guidance. Is there a web site I can visit?

Help,I have to paint a 100 glasses with the peace sign on wine glovets, I tried putting the design inside the glass, drawing it over the glass,and tried to make sticky stencils, I´m getting frustrated the client wants them perfect even, on colors that does not come out in the dishwasher or microwave, the bad part is I can´t get them even, because with the stencil I made. It can´t get perfectly attached to the glass ,too round and the paper is too plain, then the painting gets inside the lines,and it´s a mess. Please help!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

painted glass vase
Painting Glass Jars and Vases
Crafts Glass ArtSeptember 18, 2007
Glass Vase
Cleaning Stains From Glass Vases
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Painting Glass
Painting Glass
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 5:25:17 PM on 10.0.2.207 in 981 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.