Inexpensive Effusion Lamp Oil Online

I have an effusion lamp and the fragrance oil is so expensive. Could someone tell me where to buy cheap, but good fragrance oil online. I understand I'll need to mix approximately 1 oz. of oil to 16 oz. of 91% Isopropyl alcohol. Is this correct?

By linc2 from NJ

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can find that alcohol at any pharmacy or Walmart, in the wound care section, just check the strength. And the oils are available in the crafts dept, just not as many different scents as can be found online, but cheaper than the pre-made alcohol scents.

Here is a link to an effusion oil recipe, plus where to buy the oils, from Christy's Thrifty Decorating blog:

http://christys-thriftydecorating.blogspot.com/2007/11/effusion-lamps.html

This will tell you all you need to know!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 22, 2009
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Effusion Lamps
Making Oil for Effusion Lamps
Old Oil Lamp
Disposing of Lamp Oil Properly
Effusion Oil Lamps
Using an Effusion Oil Lamp
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 5:17:05 PM on 10.0.0.150 in 715 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.