Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Inexpensive Facial Toner

I am looking for an inexpensive face toner.

By tomnsaby from Albuquerque, NM

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Liz [2]08/31/2009

I like apple cider vinegar (diluted) - great for oily, acne prone skin.

By Sabrirna [4]08/29/2009

Just wanted to thank all you ladies for your advice. I have heard of mixing witch hazel with rose water. So I think I will try that. Thanks again. Sabrina

By Anonymous [848]08/29/2009

Marky's_goodgirl, not trying to be mean but what gave me a giggle is how you mentioned 'as a licensed Cosmetologist I recommend witch hazel'. Do you mean unadulterated witch hazel (which is expensive and tomnsaby is looking for inexpensive) or the drug store/beauty supply type that contains alcohol? If it is not the unadulterated witch hazel then the ingredients are just about the same as rubbing alcohol and sea breeze ;-) Time to brush up on your chemistry girl ;-)

-- Cosmetologist for 30 year

By Melba Duffell08/28/2009

As a licensed cosmetologist I recommend witch hazel.

By Anonymous [848]08/28/2009

Any astringent like witch hazel, rubbing alcohol or sea breeze that you can purchase in a grocery store, pharmacy or beauty supply. It just depends on which one you like the smell of the best and/or which is the least expensive. All the other name brand toners/astringents are pricey because of their name and packaging.

A simple cold water splash after washing works well, too ;-)

By Kris08/28/2009

I have to second witch hazel. It makes your skin feel really great!

By christine M. Thayer [2]08/28/2009

Dilute white vinegar. 1 tsp vinegar w/9 tsp water. It tones, closes pores & is a mild alpha hydroxy, helps to remove old skin. Put on with fingers or cotton ball & let dry.

By cettina [74]08/28/2009

I have very dry/sensitive skin and the best toner I have ever used is rosewater. you can get it from anywhere. Nice smell and it wont do any damage, and its cheap!

By Melody Bressler-Hay [18]08/28/2009

Witch Hazel! Been using it for decades and have now introduced my 15 year old daughter and 13 year old SON to this great product. It is inexpensive, readily available, easy to use and works great, plus, I like the smell. My daughter has even told at least one friend "on the sly" that she has found this wonderful product to use to clear up most of her pre-menstrual/stress acne. The word is spreading.

By Frances Adams [11]08/27/2009

I guess it would depend on what type of skin you have. But plain old witch hazel is a great toner, and can even be used to dilute premade toners like Sea Breeze, etc. Try cutting them half and half with plain witch hazel to decrease the 'sting', and to extend the life of that product.
Plain witch hazel is very good for normal skin as it has no alcohol.