Inexpensive Facial Toner

This is a guide about finding an inexpensive facial toner. You can save money on facial toner by making your own, with a few simple ingredients.

I am looking for an inexpensive face toner.

By Sabrirna from Albuquerque, NM

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Any astringent like witch hazel, rubbing alcohol or sea breeze that you can purchase in a grocery store, pharmacy or beauty supply. It just depends on which one you like the smell of the best and/or which is the least expensive. All the other name brand toners/astringents are pricey because of their name and packaging.

A simple cold water splash after washing works well, too ;-)

Best Answer

As a licensed cosmetologist I recommend witch hazel.

I guess it would depend on what type of skin you have. But plain old witch hazel is a great toner, and can even be used to dilute premade toners like Sea Breeze, etc. Try cutting them half and half with plain witch hazel to decrease the 'sting', and to extend the life of that product.

Plain witch hazel is very good for normal skin as it has no alcohol.

Witch Hazel! Been using it for decades and have now introduced my 15 year old daughter and 13 year old SON to this great product. It is inexpensive, readily available, easy to use and works great, plus, I like the smell. My daughter has even told at least one friend "on the sly" that she has found this wonderful product to use to clear up most of her pre-menstrual/stress acne. The word is spreading.