Removing White Out Stains on Clothing

Using paper correction fluid can mistakenly end up where you don't want it. This guide is about removing white out stains on clothing.

How do I remove Witeout from black clothing?

By Isbela

I just spilled white-out on my cream colour skirt, like half a bottle and it soaked in instantly. Rinsing it out didn't work and I truly thought it was ruined as it looked like a paint splatter. I then tried stain remover and nothing happened. I was going to toss it into the garbage then decided to try the wd40 because I thought this would make the skirt worse but I was wrong, it worked 100% and it took a few hours and a few attempts with the wd40. I allowed it to sit, then rub it together and re-applied until it completely disappeared . Tossed it into the washer and there is no sign of the white-out or WD 40. Very impressive so thanks for sharing this tip!

I used dish soap on the spot and let it sit. Worked fine! Compleatly gone!

I have spilled and smeared some "Liquid Paper" onto my polyester/cotton uniform. How do I remove it?
Thanks.

By Jaye B.

It is possible to buy Liquid Paper Remover, you should be able to purchase it in any stationery store or office supplies store. I've tried many methods that have been suggested to me but the only thing that worked was the actual Remover solution

I have spilled and smeared some Bic White Out " onto my polyester/cotton uniform. How do I remove it?Thanks.

I spilt White Out (liquid paper) on my best pants; how can I remove it? I have tried eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, nail polish remover, and I washed them. I have had no luck yet.

By Heather D.

Unlikely that this can be removed. I use Whiteout to mark names inside dark hoodies and it never washes out!

It is basically an acrylic paint. I don't think you can get it out.

How do I remove Tipp-Ex stains?

By Paul

How do I remove White Out from cotton clothing?

By Kathy C.

Will not wash out.

How do you remove Wite Out from clothing?

By Joe

How do I remove a whiteout stain from dark colour wool jumper?

By pietruszko

I went into the Wite out web site and they have a whole page of info on how to remove.

http://www.wite-out.com/tips/

If you need more info, I'd just call them and ask.

I spilled Liquid Paper on my slacks. How can I get it out?

By Virginia

I spilled a bottle of Wite-Out on leather shoes and it won't come off. Is there anything I can use without ruining my shoes?

By Marcia

I have correction fluid on a school polyester jacket. The jacket colours are red and blue. The stains are on the back of the shoulders and across the back of the coat. They are my mates corny jokes. How do I get the stains out?

By Sue. T.

I spilled White-Out on my clothes.

By dp

I spilled white out on my desk and carpet. How do I remove it? I need help.

Maxine

How do you remove White Out fluid from a cotton/polyester sweatshirt?

By Bonnie from Plantsville, CT

Answers:

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

100% great advice for using WD-40 to remove white-out from clothes. I couldn't get it off my daughter's black pants at all, then I found this site and read about trying WD-40. I sprayed it, rubbed it, rinsed it and yes, the white out was gone! I love this site! (01/31/2010)

By kathrene0922

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

WD-40 worked.Thank you so much! You saved my one day old $100 pants! (02/27/2010)

By sarahmoore341@aol.com

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I used WD-40 to get white out liquid out of my brown polyester pants. I thought they were ruined but WD-40 worked. I had to use it on the outside and inside of the pants and scrubbed with an old toothbrush but it was worth it. Thanks for the great advice! I also found white out on my shoes and Goo Gone took that off easily. (04/22/2010)

By gbasinski

Thanks for the above advice- I got whiteout on a thick black wool/polyester skirt and while acetone took away most of it I was left with a bad stain before I read this and one WD-40 treatment and pfff ALL GONE! Thanks heaps for you advice

How do I remove White Out from my nurse uniform?

By Jesy from Acworth, GA

Answers:

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

Whiteout is impossible to remove. I have used it to mark dark clothing with a child's name and it is permanent. Can you color over the mark with a Sharpie? (09/18/2010)

By lindal

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

If you can not color over this,
would it be possible to sew a patch of some kind? I am thinking of some of those cute appliques one sees in craft and sewing stores. I do not believe it is possible to remove White Out. (09/21/2010)

By louel53

How do you remove White Out from a cotton shirt?

By Elizabeth

Answers:

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

Wow! Who'd have thought WD-40 would work. Thanks. You were all so convincing I gave it a go. Saved $200 of damage from my daughter's winter (woolen) school uniform. (07/27/2010)

By Chargs

How do I get White Out out of fabric?

Nancy from Rocky Mount, NC

Answers:

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

New black dress pants + white out= no pants. :) Or so I thought. But thanks to this website I found that WD-40 worked, and almost instantly. Thanks for the tip. (I tried rubbing alcohol and that didn't seem to work, maybe just because of the fabric type.
) (02/10/2008)

By Rebecca in SC

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I used "engine starter" spray. Worked a treat. (03/17/2008)

By gaynor

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

You can get the white out out by using alcohol. Really works a treat! (05/08/2008)

By elizabeth

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

WD-40 works like a charm. It took the white out right off my suit. Thank you. (07/24/2008)

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

WD-40 works great. I spilled white out on a pair of dark blue pants, and using WD-40 and a little rubbing, the stain was gone in a few minutes. (07/30/2008)

By John from MA

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I spilled White-Out on my suit and dress shoes. Rubbing alcohol did not work, nor did two types of spot removers. WD-40 worked great! Thanks for the tip. (08/13/2008)

By Ricky

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

The WD-40 worked great. It was, to me, a huge amount on my navy pants. It took every bit out. (09/25/2008)

By Ann

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I used goo gone on a white kitchen towel and got whiteout out of a black open-weave sweater coat. I was worried it would discolor things as some people seem to have found, but it was perfectly fine. Thanks for the suggestion! I was happy not to have to make a special trip to buy WD-40. (11/23/2008)

By DV in NYC

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I used Windex to remove a white-out stain on a navy blue taffeta blazer and it worked like a charm. (12/12/2008)

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

WD-40 totally dissolved the white out from my dark brown dress pants. I had to scrub it a little, along with warm water. I was AMAZED, and I'm so thankful to everyone on this site who said to use it. WD-40 equals white out removal. (01/06/2009)

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

You guys are awesome. I used Windex on the white-out stain on my fancy leather belt and it worked! Thank you so much! (01/23/2009)

By Belt Problem

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

My husband's work shirt is a light baby blue and yesterday he was playing with a white-out pen and it broke and got all over his shirt.

If you ever get White-Out (also called "Liquid Paper") or permanent marker on clothing; dab on a small amount of sunscreen over the stain and rub off with a paper towel.

I would like to know how I can take a spot of white-out off of clothing.