Removing White Out Stains on Clothing

Using paper correction fluid can mistakenly end up where you don't want it. This guide is about removing white out stains on clothing.

Correction fluid.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How do I remove Witeout from black clothing?

By Isbela

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used the WD40 as recommended on this site and yes it worked I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed but eventually out it came from a school dress, school wincheater and from a pair of bras. It soaked through the lot but thanks to everyone out it came.

Many, many thanks for the advice

Read More Answers...

I spilt White Out (liquid paper) on my best pants; how can I remove it? I have tried eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, nail polish remover, and I washed them. I have had no luck yet.

By Heather D.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It is basically an acrylic paint. I don't think you can get it out.

Read More Answers...

How do I remove White Out from cotton clothing?

By Kathy C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Will not wash out.

I have spilled and smeared some "Liquid Paper" onto my polyester/cotton uniform. How do I remove it?
Thanks.

By Jaye B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It is possible to buy Liquid Paper Remover, you should be able to purchase it in any stationery store or office supplies store. I've tried many methods that have been suggested to me but the only thing that worked was the actual Remover solution

How do I remove a whiteout stain from dark colour wool jumper?

By pietruszko

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I went into the Wite out web site and they have a whole page of info on how to remove.

http://www.wite-out.com/tips/

If you need more info, I'd just call them and ask.

How do I remove White Out from my nurse uniform?

By Jesy from Acworth, GA

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

Whiteout is impossible to remove. I have used it to mark dark clothing with a child's name and it is permanent. Can you color over the mark with a Sharpie? (09/18/2010)

By lindal

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

If you can not color over this,
would it be possible to sew a patch of some kind? I am thinking of some of those cute appliques one sees in craft and sewing stores. I do not believe it is possible to remove White Out. (09/21/2010)

By louel53

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove White Out from a cotton shirt?

By Elizabeth

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

Wow! Who'd have thought WD-40 would work. Thanks. You were all so convincing I gave it a go. Saved $200 of damage from my daughter's winter (woolen) school uniform. (07/27/2010)

By Chargs

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove White Out fluid from a cotton/polyester sweatshirt?

By Bonnie from Plantsville, CT

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

100% great advice for using WD-40 to remove white-out from clothes. I couldn't get it off my daughter's black pants at all, then I found this site and read about trying WD-40. I sprayed it, rubbed it, rinsed it and yes, the white out was gone! I love this site! (01/31/2010)

By kathrene0922

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

WD-40 worked.Thank you so much! You saved my one day old $100 pants! (02/27/2010)

By sarahmoore341@aol.com

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I used WD-40 to get white out liquid out of my brown polyester pants. I thought they were ruined but WD-40 worked. I had to use it on the outside and inside of the pants and scrubbed with an old toothbrush but it was worth it. Thanks for the great advice! I also found white out on my shoes and Goo Gone took that off easily. (04/22/2010)

By gbasinski

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I get White Out out of fabric?

Nancy from Rocky Mount, NC

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

New black dress pants + white out= no pants. :) Or so I thought. But thanks to this website I found that WD-40 worked, and almost instantly. Thanks for the tip. (I tried rubbing alcohol and that didn't seem to work, maybe just because of the fabric type.
) (02/10/2008)

By Rebecca in SC

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I used "engine starter" spray. Worked a treat. (03/17/2008)

By gaynor

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

You can get the white out out by using alcohol. Really works a treat! (05/08/2008)

By elizabeth

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

WD-40 works like a charm. It took the white out right off my suit. Thank you. (07/24/2008)

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

WD-40 works great. I spilled white out on a pair of dark blue pants, and using WD-40 and a little rubbing, the stain was gone in a few minutes. (07/30/2008)

By John from MA

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I spilled White-Out on my suit and dress shoes. Rubbing alcohol did not work, nor did two types of spot removers. WD-40 worked great! Thanks for the tip. (08/13/2008)

By Ricky

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

The WD-40 worked great. It was, to me, a huge amount on my navy pants. It took every bit out. (09/25/2008)

By Ann

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I used goo gone on a white kitchen towel and got whiteout out of a black open-weave sweater coat. I was worried it would discolor things as some people seem to have found, but it was perfectly fine. Thanks for the suggestion! I was happy not to have to make a special trip to buy WD-40. (11/23/2008)

By DV in NYC

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

I used Windex to remove a white-out stain on a navy blue taffeta blazer and it worked like a charm. (12/12/2008)

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

WD-40 totally dissolved the white out from my dark brown dress pants. I had to scrub it a little, along with warm water. I was AMAZED, and I'm so thankful to everyone on this site who said to use it. WD-40 equals white out removal. (01/06/2009)

Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

You guys are awesome. I used Windex on the white-out stain on my fancy leather belt and it worked! Thank you so much! (01/23/2009)

By Belt Problem

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My husband's work shirt is a light baby blue and yesterday he was playing with a white-out pen and it broke and got all over his shirt.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you ever get White-Out (also called "Liquid Paper") or permanent marker on clothing; dab on a small amount of sunscreen over the stain and rub off with a paper towel.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would like to know how I can take a spot of white-out off of clothing.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 1, 2012
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
White cat looking up at the camera.
Removing Tear Stains on White Cats
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 2:04:46 AM on 10.0.1.190 in 265 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.