Removing White Out Stains on Clothing

Using paper correction fluid can mistakenly end up where you don't want it. This guide is about removing white out stains on clothing.

Correction fluid.
Filter Sort

Question: Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

By Isbela 1

How do I remove Witeout from black clothing?

By Isbela

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By saltpeppa 1 Flag

I used the WD40 as recommended on this site and yes it worked I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed but eventually out it came from a school dress, school wincheater and from a pair of bras. It soaked through the lot but thanks to everyone out it came.

Many, many thanks for the advice

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Liquid Paper from Fabric

By heather inwood 13 229

I spilt White Out (liquid paper) on my best pants; how can I remove it? I have tried eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, nail polish remover, and I washed them. I have had no luck yet.

By Heather D.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

It is basically an acrylic paint. I don't think you can get it out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing White Out Stains from Clothing

How do I remove White Out from cotton clothing?

By Kathy C.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linda L. 83 330 Flag

Will not wash out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Liquid Paper from Poly-cotton

I have spilled and smeared some "Liquid Paper" onto my polyester/cotton uniform. How do I remove it?
Thanks.

By Jaye B.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lois 6 20 Flag

It is possible to buy Liquid Paper Remover, you should be able to purchase it in any stationery store or office supplies store. I've tried many methods that have been suggested to me but the only thing that worked was the actual Remover solution

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing White-Out Stain on Wool Clothing

By pietruszko 1

How do I remove a whiteout stain from dark colour wool jumper?

By pietruszko

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Dorothy 1 124 Flag

I went into the Wite out web site and they have a whole page of info on how to remove.

http://www.wite-out.com/tips/

If you need more info, I'd just call them and ask.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Tipp-Ex Correction Fluid Stains

How do I remove Tipp-Ex stains?

By Paul

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Liquid Paper (Wite Out) from Clothing

How do you remove Wite Out from clothing?

By Joe

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Liquid Paper from Clothing

I spilled Liquid Paper on my slacks. How can I get it out?

By Virginia

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Wite-Out Stain on Leather Shoes

By mehorstman 1

I spilled a bottle of Wite-Out on leather shoes and it won't come off. Is there anything I can use without ruining my shoes?

By Marcia

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing White Out Stain From Clothing

I have correction fluid on a school polyester jacket. The jacket colours are red and blue. The stains are on the back of the shoulders and across the back of the coat. They are my mates corny jokes. How do I get the stains out?

By Sue. T.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing White-Out from Clothes

I spilled White-Out on my clothes.

By dp

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: White Out Stain Removal

I spilled white out on my desk and carpet. How do I remove it? I need help.

Maxine

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: White Out Stain Removal

A bottle of liquid white out was in my daughters pocket when i washed clothes. I need to know how do you remove white out from colored clothes?

LIZ from STAMFORD, CT

Answers:
RE: White Out Removal 10/04/2005
Try WD-40 make sure you spray on both sides of the stain.
By Ann
White Out Removal 12/16/2005
1. Sponge with Acetone (unless fabric contains acetate)

2. Tamp with a spoon

3. Flush with rubbing alcohol

Correction Fluid, White Out - Always read and follow the care instructions on the garment label. And, follow these General Rules for stain removal.

This is a real tough one, and may be permanent. It can penetrate into the fabric and when it dries coats the fibers in a harden "plaster." Unless there are instructions on the product label, you can try specific stain removal products available at the grocery or drug store, such as Carbona's Stain Devils or take the stain to your dry cleaner and tell them to treat it as a paint stain.

By ElectricChameleon
RE: White Out Stain Removal 12/17/2005
I use De-solve. It to remove all stains,y ou can buy it at Wal-Mart. Good luck!
By mema_sews

Archive: Removing White-Out Spot on Clothing

I would like to know how I can take a spot of white-out off of clothing.

Thank you.
Erica from New Jersey

Answers:
RE: Removing White-Out Spot on Clothing 07/30/2004
I know when I need to thin white out and I do not have the thinner, I have used paint thinner or mineral spirits and shake as instructed on the thinner bottle it works fine. On clothes I am not sure of. It might work but do it with caution and wash.
By c4hobbs
RE: Removing White-Out Spot on Clothing 11/26/2004
1. Sponge with acetone (unless fabric contains acetate.) 2. Tamp with brush or spoon. 3. Flush with alcohol.
By ThriftyFun
RE: Removing White-Out Spot on Clothing 02/09/2005
If it is a non acetate material, treat it with acetone. Cheap nail polish remover has acetone so you could use that. Tamp it with a brush to try to break it up the best you can, then flush with rubbing alcohol. If it is acetate, you might do best to take them to a dry cleaner or use dry cleaning fluid.

Goof Off, Goo Gone, paint thinner and alcohol all are recommended.
Susan from ThriftyFun

By ThriftyFun
RE: Removing White-Out Spot on Clothing 03/15/2005
Liquid Paper company said to use 'Goo Off' or 'Goo Gone' to remove White-Out from washable clothing.
By SHELIA (Guest Post)
RE: Removing White-Out Spot on Clothing 03/22/2005
I just spilled the white out on my desk at work and it ran down into my lap and onto the floor. I went to google.com and found out what would work... Goo-Gone! I used it and it did work! Thanks Google.com, you come through again.
By Kathy (Guest Post)
RE: Removing White-Out Spot on Clothing 02/09/2006
Goo Gone worked great! It was the only thing I could find that worked.
By Fran
RE: Removing White-Out Spot on Clothing 04/30/2006
Goof off will remove goof ups with white out.
I used it on black jeans and it didn't even remove the color! And of course, they were my favorite designer ones! Good luck!!!
By Gina

Archive: Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

My husband's work shirt is a light baby blue and yesterday he was playing with a white-out pen and it broke and got all over his shirt. We have used oxiclean and it still did not come out. Does anyone have a suggestion or is it a lost cause now?

Thank you,
AMY from PHILPOT, KY

Answers:

RE: Removing White-Out Stain on Clothing

Try WD-40. My father-in-law spilled some on top of his black TV. I tried everything to remove it and as a last resort I sprayed a little WD-40 on it and it wiped off in seconds! I've used it on stains on white sweaters and many other things, and it's never let me down. The stuff is amazing! (07/22/2006)

By Teresa

I spilled white out all over my good leather purse and I used sunscreen on it and it came off! Thanks for the great tip. (08/03/2006)

Use 3M citrus base Natural Cleaner to remove white out stains from clothing. Spray 3M Natural Cleaner on spot on clothing, then use bristle brush on spot and white out will dissolve and article of clothing should then be washed with soap and water by hand and then washed with soap and water in washing machine.
(08/16/2006)

By l. baker

I used Goo Gone and it worked great. Thank you Kathy!
(09/26/2006)

By Raquel

It didnt work for me! I made the chair all gross and white! Don't use GOO GONE! (10/03/2006)

By mel and alli

We just tried a regular rubber eraser (as Goo Gone, acetone, paint thinner, and sunscreen are unavailable in my office). It worked very well. There is only one small spot left and I imagine that will come out in the wash. (10/16/2006)

By Melissa

My daughter got white out on her school uniform navy blue pants I used a pink pearl eraser and it worked. thanks so much for the great tip... (11/07/2006)

By Ter

I tried Goof off since so many people recommended it. It worked (not completely but close enough). It was on my black suit jacket for work and I still wear it (11/27/2006)

By Amie

I used "Goof Off" it took the white-out stains out of both my black pants and beige shirt-without causing discoloration. Goof Off is made to be used on most fabics and to remove white correction fluid. It's great.

I called BIC and they recommend: a citrus based cleaner (Goof Off, or Goo Gone) or mineral spirits (paint thinner) to remove white-out from clothing, they also remind you to test a spot first to make sure it will not discolor your clothing. (01/23/2007)

By Sabrina

I used Goof-Off on my slacks and it just smeared the white-out, but left a terrible stain. I threw them away. I think I'll try the WD-40 on another shirt that has white-out on it and see how it works. (02/01/2007)

By C. Cross

I got on here to see what to use and I tried wd-40 and it worked like a charm. Thanks to everyone that said it would work. (03/15/2007)

By Brittany

It's really just paint - so I have scraped it off with a razor blade - very carefully! (05/11/2007)

By pamphyila

I'm still in shock. I thought for sure my black polyester dress pants were trash after spilling a large amount of white-out on them. All you need to do is spray WD-40 and scrub. Rinse out then dab with a little polish remover and rinse thoroughly again. Finish with scrubbing shout it out stain remover and throw in the washer. Good as new!!! Really, IT WORKS!! (05/29/2007)

By Mari

RE: Removing White-Out Stain on Leather Couch

I spilled white out all over my black leather couch and could not get it out with anything that I tried. Scratched, scrubbed... Ultimately, the product that did the job was Goo Gone. So, if you get in the unfortunate predicament that I just did, save yourself the time and worry and get yourself some Goo Gone. It really saved me. (07/28/2007)

By Robin

Thanks so much it worked! Finally the white-out is off my school uniform! At first I used nail polish remover but that didn't seem to work. Then sunscreen and that was worse. Then I used WD40 and I scrubbed and it wasn't coming off. Then I rinsed it and tried it again and slowly it began to fade. After a lot of scrubbing it was gone. Thanks so much for the help! (09/18/2007)

By opal

I used Goof Off to remove White out on my dark blue jeans, and it came out completely! I just followed the directions on the bottle. even better is the fact that the stain was 2 weeks old, and I had already washed the jeans a few times! (09/26/2007)

By Corrie

We just had a co-worker get liquid white-out on her new black scrubs. Remembering the success I had last week with removing ink-jet toner from my hands, we tried Simple Green wipes and the vast majority of the white-out scrubbed off. I'm sure with a little more effort, she can get the final little bit out, too! (11/01/2007)

By Puxter

I just tried this out personally. Try automotive Brake Cleaner. Works great. (01/11/2008)

By JLo

Archive: White Out Stain Removal

Does anyone know how to get white-out out of a seat with a cushion in it?

Deedee

Answers:

RE: White Out Stain Removal

White Out usually is encrusted on top of the fibers - so sometimes you can scrape it off carefully with a sharp edge like a razor blade. (07/06/2006)

By pamphyila

RE: White Out Stain Removal

Use WD 40 liberally on both sides of the stain. Allow the WD-40 to penetrate through the stain. The stain will begin to loosen. Test by touching the stain. Small flecks of the white out should begin to come loose. Rinse thoroughly.

Lay the clothing on a clean white towel. Sponge nail polish remover onto both sides of the stain. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat the application of nail polish remover and continue to rinse until the stain is removed. Rinse the stained area thoroughly.

Finally, to remove any hidden traces of the stain, apply a stain stick, spray, or gel to the stained area and wash normally.
(10/25/2006)

RE: White Out Stain Removal

I just used the Tide To Go instant Stain Remover (Orange Pen) on my son's French-horn hard case and it worked perfectly. It did not damage the plastic on the case and removed everything (He had written his name with White-out in big letters on it)
Good luck (09/08/2007)

By lourdes

RE: White Out Stain Removal

I recently got white out on my brand new pair of designer jeans. first, I spot washed the areas with soap and cold water. then i used liquid detergent with cold water. Some came off but the stains were still there. I waited a week and I tried WD-40 on the stain, and then washed the jeans. That didn't work either.

Then I went to Home Depot and bought Liftoff Latex-Based Paint Remover #5 which is a water-based biodegradable product specifically for clothing. I used that oh the areas, scrubbed lightly with an old toothbrush, then used Shout on the stains, and put the jeans in the washing machine. They came out perfectly clean! I also used this product on a sweater and the white out stains were easily removed. (11/12/2007)

By Allison

RE: White Out Stain Removal

WD-40 sprayed and SOAKED onto the spot soiled/stained with white out works wonders. I had gotten a new bed comforter for Christmas and my 4 year old spilled the bottle on it hours before I found it. I tried oxiclean, alcohol and detergent nothing worked. Days later someone told me WD-40 works and boy did it. (01/18/2008)

By Lynn

RE: White Out Stain Removal

I just did a pretty good clean up job on my husband's Herman Miller office chair with a mesh seat with Goof OFF (03/15/2008)

By 2boyzmummy

RE: White Out Stain Removal

To Shannon,
I removed all stains from the floor with AFTA. You can buy it in any hardware store. Good luck! (07/23/2008)

By Cristina

RE: White Out Stain Removal

My son got white out on the computer keyboard. I used WD40 and it came out immediately without even rubbing hard. My keyboard looks brand new! (10/28/2008)

By dee

RE: White Out Stain Removal

Use some throttle body cleaner available at any auto parts store. (12/11/2008)

By Trusty Mech

RE: White Out Stain Removal

The cap came off my tube of white out and a big glob was on my car seat. I sprayed w-d forty on the stain and then used nail polish remover. It took quite a bit a remover to get it out. But it worked. Didn't hurt the fabric in the car either. (12/17/2008)

By jazzipep

If you ever get White-Out (also called "Liquid Paper") or permanent marker on clothing; dab on a small amount of sunscreen over the stain and rub off with a paper towel. Repeat until stain is gone and then wash normally.

By Marnita from Cumming, GA

How do I get White Out out of fabric?

Nancy from Rocky Mount, NC

Feedback:

New black dress pants + white out= no pants. :) Or so I thought. But thanks to this website I found that WD-40 worked, and almost instantly. Thanks for the tip. (I tried rubbing alcohol and that didn't seem to work, maybe just because of the fabric type.
) (02/10/2008)

By Rebecca in SC

I used "engine starter" spray. Worked a treat. (03/17/2008)

By gaynor

You can get the white out out by using alcohol. Really works a treat! (05/08/2008)

By elizabeth

WD-40 works like a charm. It took the white out right off my suit. Thank you. (07/24/2008)

WD-40 works great. I spilled white out on a pair of dark blue pants, and using WD-40 and a little rubbing, the stain was gone in a few minutes. (07/30/2008)

By John from MA

I spilled White-Out on my suit and dress shoes. Rubbing alcohol did not work, nor did two types of spot removers. WD-40 worked great! Thanks for the tip. (08/13/2008)

By Ricky

The WD-40 worked great. It was, to me, a huge amount on my navy pants. It took every bit out. (09/25/2008)

By Ann

I used goo gone on a white kitchen towel and got whiteout out of a black open-weave sweater coat. I was worried it would discolor things as some people seem to have found, but it was perfectly fine. Thanks for the suggestion! I was happy not to have to make a special trip to buy WD-40. (11/23/2008)

By DV in NYC

I used Windex to remove a white-out stain on a navy blue taffeta blazer and it worked like a charm. (12/12/2008)

WD-40 totally dissolved the white out from my dark brown dress pants. I had to scrub it a little, along with warm water. I was AMAZED, and I'm so thankful to everyone on this site who said to use it. WD-40 equals white out removal. (01/06/2009)

You guys are awesome. I used Windex on the white-out stain on my fancy leather belt and it worked! Thank you so much! (01/23/2009)

By Belt Problem

How do you remove White Out fluid from a cotton/polyester sweatshirt?

By Bonnie from Plantsville, CT

Feedback:

100% great advice for using WD-40 to remove white-out from clothes. I couldn't get it off my daughter's black pants at all, then I found this site and read about trying WD-40. I sprayed it, rubbed it, rinsed it and yes, the white out was gone! I love this site! (01/31/2010)

By kathrene0922

WD-40 worked.Thank you so much! You saved my one day old $100 pants! (02/27/2010)

By sarahmoore341@aol.com

I used WD-40 to get white out liquid out of my brown polyester pants. I thought they were ruined but WD-40 worked. I had to use it on the outside and inside of the pants and scrubbed with an old toothbrush but it was worth it. Thanks for the great advice! I also found white out on my shoes and Goo Gone took that off easily. (04/22/2010)

By gbasinski

How do you remove White Out from a cotton shirt?

By Elizabeth

Feedback:

Wow! Who'd have thought WD-40 would work. Thanks. You were all so convincing I gave it a go. Saved $200 of damage from my daughter's winter (woolen) school uniform. (07/27/2010)

By Chargs

How do I remove White Out from my nurse uniform?

By Jesy from Acworth, GA

Feedback:

Whiteout is impossible to remove. I have used it to mark dark clothing with a child's name and it is permanent. Can you color over the mark with a Sharpie? (09/18/2010)

By lindal

If you can not color over this,
would it be possible to sew a patch of some kind? I am thinking of some of those cute appliques one sees in craft and sewing stores. I do not believe it is possible to remove White Out. (09/21/2010)

By louel53

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 1, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 9:09:28 AM on 10.0.1.30 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings